Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are all rear gas struts FE2???

freefallin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina / VZ SS LS1
When I go to the dealer with the VIN of my VZ SS, their catalog shows FE2 rear struts part#: 92157258. But when they bring out the strut, the part# on the strut itself is 92048225...although its box says 92157258. Says Monroe on the strut btw.

When you look up rear struts by car make and model (e.g. VY executive), it will show the same part number (92048225); FE2.

Whenever the catalog says FE1, its a hydrolic strut (way different... meant for models with hydrolic pumps which the SS doesn't come with).

So basically the catalog has 3 different rear struts with 3 different part numbers for commodores VX-VZ. 2 are FE1 and 1 is FE2. The FE1 are hydrolic and the FE2 is gas.

What's more interesting is that the rear springs don't say FE2. Its just one type of rear springs for all the models. Part#: 92048210.

Anyone know what the deal is?

SS-Z LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS-Z Ute
Here's the VT specs for Rear Shocks, Front Struts & also front and rear spring specs for VT-VXS2

VT Rear Shocks.jpgVT Front Struts.jpgVT Springs.jpg

I don't have data for VY-VZ.

Cheers