Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

are oversized wheels ruining the look of old cars?

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
I run 20's on my thunder and don't think they're too big at all..... it's all up to personal preference, if YOU don't like big wheels don't buy them. BUT if you see someone with 20's why presume they are a wanker? They like 20's you don't. I don't like mushrooms, so I don't eat them, and i certainly do not think people who do are wankers. Pointless thread.

Mushrooms are great, why don't you eat them! Whats wrong with you!

...jokes jokes. (but seriously mushrooms are awesome)

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
Can't do it aye lol, I think it's the texture more than anything.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I run 20's on my thunder and don't think they're too big at all..... it's all up to personal preference, if YOU don't like big wheels don't buy them. BUT if you see someone with 20's why presume they are a wanker? They like 20's you don't. I don't like mushrooms, so I don't eat them, and i certainly do not think people who do are wankers. Pointless thread.

gee this thread hit a soft spot mate?

And the thread was about rims on old cars not a your car!

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
gee this thread hit a soft spot mate?

And the thread was about rims on old cars not a your car!

Not at all, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't like it when people assume others are wankers because they don't like what they like. I know the thread didn't say that, but didn't take long til some people started.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Honestly, most people getting around with wheels that are 5" to big to be legal ARE wankers. Not all but most.

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
Honestly, most people getting around with wheels that are 5" to big to be legal ARE wankers. Not all but most.

Based on what?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
The fact that most of them are korean and japanese cars that came out with at best 17" rims. Thus making it actually illegal to fit most wheels over 18 - 19".
I'm not having a crack at you personally.
But from my expirience, most are drop kicks. Yes this is my opinion, oh well.

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
The fact that most of them are korean and japanese cars that came out with at best 17" rims. Thus making it actually illegal to fit most wheels over 18 - 19".
I'm not having a crack at you personally.
But from my expirience, most are drop kicks. Yes this is my opinion, oh well.

They could have had them engineered? So when you say experience is it through meeting them or just seeing their cars? I'm not having a go I'm interested in your opinion.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Mushrooms are great, why don't you eat them! Whats wrong with you!

...jokes jokes. (but seriously mushrooms are awesome)

Mushrooms suck when cooked, excellent when raw, go figure that:p

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

Who called anybody a wanker? Read the thread title, a thunder ute is hardly an old car....

They could have had them engineered? So when you say experience is it through meeting them or just seeing their cars? I'm not having a go I'm interested in your opinion.

I could almost Guarantee that 99% of the cars on the road that have bigger wheels than what's allowed for that car would NOT be engineered.