Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are Sedan door trims the same as a wagon?

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
The extra length of a wagon is the section behind the door not in the door itself.
Have seen statesman door trims on sedans and statesmans and wagons share the same floorpan.

Incorrect. The measurement from the datum point on the rear of the front chassis rail to the the datum point on the front of the rear chassis rail is 1030mm for the sedan & 1180mm for the wagon, so the floorpans are not identical. As an aside, I also found this out the hard way on my old VN wagon, when trying to fit new carpet for a sedan into a wagon, that VN sedans & wagon have different floor pans (the sedan carpet was roughly 50mm or so too short. Doh :( )

As for the doors, I would make absolutely sure that the sedans & wagon rear door trims are the same - even going to the point of actually measuring them.

Just checked the factory measurements for the sedan & wagon rear doors and as I suspected, they are different. The wagon door is 10mm narrower at the upper datum points (999mm versus 989mm).

Weekend Warrior above has probably summed it up correctly: the doors themselves are different, but the all the interior trims may possibly be the same. A few measurements, as I suggested, would confirm this.

PS: Is anyone after a brand new VN factory sedan floor carpet? LOL Guaranteed not to fit a VN wagon (double LOL)

Last edited:

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Incorrect. The measurement from the datum point on the rear of the front chassis rail to the the datum point on the front of the rear chassis rail is 1030mm for the sedan & 1180mm for the wagon, so the floorpans are not identical. As an aside, I also found this out the hard way on my old VN wagon, when trying to fit new carpet for a sedan into a wagon, that VN sedans & wagon have different floor pans (the sedan carpet was roughly 50mm or so too short. Doh :( )

As for the doors, I would make absolutely sure that the sedans & wagon rear doors are the same - even going to the point of actually measuring them.

Just checked the factory measurements for the sedan & wagon rear doors and as I suspected, they are different. The wagon door is 10mm narrower at the upper datum points (999mm versus 989mm).
thats why it was said from window down and he said the statesman shares the same floorpan as the wagon not a normal sedan and nothing about a vn.

bcw61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive Wagon
It was quoted 'Have seen statesman door trims on sedans and statesmans and wagons share the same floorpan.'

I was merely pointing out that sedans & wagon do not share the same floorpan. You are correct that the Stateman shares the same dimensions, but the way it was written, it could be confused with the sedan as well. As for the VN reference, I was merely pointing out personal experience, with the difference between the sedan & wagon. That is why I referred to it as an aside - you must have missed that part.

Just had a look & the Statesman rear door has different dimensions again, so the original statement that measurements need to be checked is valid.

Last edited:

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Nope . The window frame is different .