Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are these ultra lows?

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
Yep they're ultras. I expected mine to be a lot lower too. That's why I think anyone who just goes for supers will be dissapointed.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VN Commy said:
Yep they're ultras. I expected mine to be a lot lower too. That's why I think anyone who just goes for supers will be dissapointed.

Disappointed perhaps...but still legal. Ultralows are illegal on the rear cause they drop the eye height too far..Thats in SA and a few other states but im not 100% sure its EVERY state

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
on the box it has a sticker that says what springs they are. the number is KHPR-20SL. does anyone know the number of theirs? i was just guessing the SL on the end standed for super low. but i ordered ultras. But some of use say there ultras so they prob are.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Note that the first spring number is front, second is rear. So the KHPR-20SL which are yours are the Ultra Low rear springs to suit VB to VP

It also says:
* SHORTER SHOCK ABSORBERS MUST BE FITTED TO KEEP SPRING TRAPPED -----Thats for your springs

WaynoVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN V6 5 Speed
Can't you measure the distance between centre of wheel to guard.. rims size will not affect this measurement and we can get some idea. I ask because I bought my car with a Pedders kit already installed and all I could get off it is 2123 off the rear spring, their website shows this as being the lowest rear VN Commodore spring they do, but I'm curious as to what is the King spring equivalent.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
WaynoVN said:
Can't you measure the distance between centre of wheel to guard.. rims size will not affect this measurement and we can get some idea. I ask because I bought my car with a Pedders kit already installed and all I could get off it is 2123 off the rear spring, their website shows this as being the lowest rear VN Commodore spring they do, but I'm curious as to what is the King spring equivalent.

What was the measurement in mm of your rim to guard? Front and rear measurements if you like, and I can tell you.

But as i previously posted coolvncommodore's springs are definitely Ultralows. Thats according to King Springs for that part number.

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
what size springs are in urs then vn2nv. cause urs looks alot lower in ur pic. and would it be illegal for a springs works worker to professionaly cut mine and re mould em? cause he offered to do it for nothing. and i work with him now. well he works for me i guess

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-88 said:
what size springs are in urs then vn2nv. cause urs looks alot lower in ur pic. and would it be illegal for a springs works worker to professionaly cut mine and re mould em? cause he offered to do it for nothing. and i work with him now. well he works for me i guess

The springs in my pic are Lovells equivalents to Ultralows. They are made on request only, however I believe they are commonly available for VS commodores.
They have since been taken out though cause I was defected for being 3 inches too low down at Victor Harbour on schoolies week. The rear now has King Spring Superlows sitting at 315mm, just under. It took SA Suspension Centre to get the springs to sit right as the legal limit was 310mm so i wanted it just over and just cause the springs say they will sit at 315mm doesnt mean they actually do. My rims are only 16's by the way, and I still have the Lovells in the front, although I may need to get King Springs as Im getting 18's soon.

As for professionally having springs cut and re-moulded....I think that would probably be legal (or atleast no cop would know any different)...but perhaps ring up the road transport authority and check if you wanna make 100% sure.