Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Are you a grandfather? If not, did you like yours?

Mz ENV11T

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ 2006
Firstly congratulations!!
Youll be looked up too by your grandkids n they will love you to pieces =]

My poppy passed away when i was 15, and i loved him so much i didnt get to see him very much cos he lived 4hrs away but we were very close. He was just a big kid and he watched cartoons with me n played games. He was awesome. Funniest old fella i knew. Miss him heaps.
=[

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`m one and have 6 grandkids soon to be 7.
Bloody breding like rabbits.
I can`t keep up getting old but I love them lol.
Not as close as I would like to be broken familys suck.
Mixed familys suck too. Well most anyway.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
grandparents are awesome.

my story basically mirrors Trays.
never met the old mans old man.
well i did. but do you really remember anything at the age of 2?

but the old ladys side is awesome.
can always just drop in, and have a great chat with grandad.
and not only that he is always willing to help out.

built so many things with him.
learnt how to prune roses from him.
basically learnt alot from him.

its wierd. he and i have a great working combination.
where as when trying to do the exact same thing with the old man it turns into a massive all out war.

there's just something about grandparents that make them really awesome.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
My grandad was awesome, i looked up to him allot. He grew up in a British family in India before they got there independence, where his father was chief of police over there(my great grandad) and he followed and become an officer himself, then they got there independence and the family moved here where he joined the army as an infantry officer, fought in Vietnam then when it was over he left the army and became a paramedic for the last few years before retirement. Sadly he passed away from Parkinson's, absolutely horrible disease. It's torture. I was 10 when he passed but I still remember the stories he would tell me, and make me model airplanes and fishing gear and other things.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My grandparents were all great people. My pop was a Ford mechanic, great guy apart from that LOL. I told him i was going to to get a Torana for my first car and he said not to. He died before i was old enough to drive but eventually i bought the torana. I inherited his socket set and still use it, and think of him when i use it. My other pop never owned a car in his life. Caught the bus everywhere. Always had a beer in the fridge for me when i visited. He died when i was about 25, so i got to drive hiim around a bit which was cool, but he always complained i was a leadfoot.
This Thread Is Random !!!

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Mums side: I met her mum but don't remember much (they stopped talking when I was 3) and never met her dad.
Dads side: My nan I was never close to (saw her a couple times a year, she didn't really want much to do with my family), My "pop" was an amazing man with a heart of gold, died when I was about 6 and always hearing about him from my dad really makes me wish he was around for longer so I could actually know the guy a lot better than I did.

He raised my dad, that alone shows how much of a champion he was :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yep, grandfather to two beautiful girls, one nearly six and the other seven months old. We baby sit the younger one five days a week and take the older one to and from school because of their parents' work hours. It means a very long week for both of us but we know that the two girls will always be close to their grandparents.

My grandfather passed away when I was only fourteen but I have very special memories of him. When I was very young, my granparents had a Halvorsen cruiser which we used to cruise up and down Pittwater on each weekend. My grandfather used to teach me how to fish from the dinghy - I would sit between his legs while he rowed and we would throw our lines out hoping to catch something for dinner. No idea if we ever managed to do it, though. I was fortunate to be very close to my mum's parents, but with dad being English, I never his parents.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Never met my grandfathers, seems like a shame because i never got to experience all the fun times like other have.

But having said that, i did have 2 amazing grandmothers whom i idolised and were the most amazing ladies ever.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I essentially have 6 grandmothers that I know of, and around 3 grandfathers that I've met.
One was an old, angry fart. Didn't get along with him and life was unfair at his house....

Another had pride in my education and career. He was always out and about doing work in his garden, was a great man but passed last year.
The only other one I've met is a really laid back guy and the most similar to my dad (who was adopted 3 times hence the large amount of grandparents). He'd let me sit on his computer all day playing my games and whatnot back as a kid, fun times.
Always had good times with the latter two, in different situations but nonetheless, I always felt loved by both of them. The other I guess I understand if he was trying to make me grow up behaved haha

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
My grandad was a legend was a very decorates soldier that served in germany, africa, egypt and somewhere else i cant recall off my head!! I sapent every weekend with him for many years listening to his tories of things that he done in the war and cruising around in his cars , he loved to drive until doctors took his licence from him!! I say its what killed him!! Couldnt bring myself to go in hospital when he passed n ill pay for that forever!! I was given all his medals last year and will do anzac march in grandads honour . He wouldve wanted it!