Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ash's VY II Calais

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
i had same problem on my old car, usually somthing to do with the quality of tire or they might be just clipping something in the wheel housing causing it to make a sound each time that part of the tire spins round, low quality tyres tend to have alot more road noise aswell

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah the quality of tyres probably isnt great, but it still shouldnt make such a clicking noise i wouldnt think. did you ever get it checked out or fixed? might get them to have a look at it when i get it lowered!

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
i didnt get mine checked/fixed cos it wasnt a massively obvious noise, noticed it if i had the music down and the windows open, but i had a rediculous sound system in my last car so that was very rare lol, best way to fix noise problems, spend about 2 grand on speakers n subs...no more clicking lol

BT91WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
mahn thats a beast, great mods. dont go over top.
WA to the def.

vyIIcalais

VYIICalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
maybe coming in the next month or so....

blkvzute01.jpg

or
blkvzute02.jpg

i rekon black looks sick!

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
I actually like your Calais as is atm.. before i got my sv6 i was after a black calais with supersports though, just my 2 bobs. Non the less i love it man white does look sick when its clean...

VY03Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Lowering VY Calais

Hey guys, I recently bought a 2003 VY Calais and im new to this forum so dont really know how to use it!

But i was just curious about what springs ppl have used to lower their cars. I was thinking SSL all round but was just thinking bcos i will have the standard 16's on it for a while, that the SSL will be too low? can anybody offer some advice? and should i get shocks? and how much do they cost?

Thanks