Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

seveprim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Serving Police Member, is it true that if you are pulled over by a cop and you havnt done anything wrong that they cant ask to see your licence? they can ask if you have it on you but they cant actually ask to see it.

If you read the rule book in queensland "it states you must comply with the a police officers instructions at all time .. so by default they can ask and yes it is also wise to show them when asked. Plus if your a P plater or L u must carry it on you whilst driving ...

zacrach83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Blue Slip Q

Hey guys,

I bought a damaged car from the auctions (NSW) that has now been repaired and all that needs to be done is a bit of paint and the exhaust fixed. The car is booked in to be painted next week so Q is, am i allowed to drive it to the repairers and back (without rego) or does that only apply to driving to get the inspection and do i need proof if i am pulled over.
Cheers:thumbsup:

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Hey guys,

I bought a damaged car from the auctions (NSW) that has now been repaired and all that needs to be done is a bit of paint and the exhaust fixed. The car is booked in to be painted next week so Q is, am i allowed to drive it to the repairers and back (without rego) or does that only apply to driving to get the inspection and do i need proof if i am pulled over.
Cheers:thumbsup:

You need an unregistered permit. If the cars unregistered and there's no permit, it doesn't matter what you're doing with it, it's still an offence.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
In QLD it's like $24 *per day* for an unregistered permit deelie. No wonder people don't do it, it's hellish expensive.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Ok i got one for ya. Got done by TMU last night, capacity to weight. My rego sticker says 1400 curb weight by 5000 (5 litre) ='s 3.571, legal limit for P plater is 3.500 per square tonne.

BUT, my rego sticker says 1400kg curb weight, but my HSV owners compendium says 1620 curb weight. Am i able to go to Vic roads and have this corrected? Or can i take it to my local cop shop and have something done there??

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
^^ Put it over a weighbridge. If the weighbridge docket does indeed say 1620 kg, then I'd say they can't touch ya.

...BTW what's a square tonne? :confused:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Buy a Calais International - 1642kg ;)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
your joking right?
i thought it was heavy but not that heavy:bang:

Thats what the weighbridge told me, i even got a weighbridge ticket printed out and laminated, not that it matters for Sa.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
weighbridge, with a full tank of petrol amd 4 spare tyres in the boot should do the trick.