Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
ok ill check it out thanks
i just want to drive my car when i finish buiding it but i dont think i can :(

thepopey

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Berlina

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
question about undercover cars, do they take any measures to avoid the plate details etc being advertised?

I ask because there is a thread showing some photos taken of marked cars & an unmarked car in a photoshoot type thing, when a few people were out taking night shots of their own cars. Some patrols spooted them & asked what they were doing, the people asked to take some shots of the patrol/undercover cars as part of the shoot.

Someone pointed out that they didnt think undercovers would allow the plates to be shown? So as to remain 'unknown' ??

Personally I wouldnt have thought 1 set of plates being 'known' would have any effect really.

I think the point of the thread actually shows a decent side to the patrol officers in general, providing good repport with the motor enthusiast.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
question about undercover cars, do they take any measures to avoid the plate details etc being advertised?

I ask because there is a thread showing some photos taken of marked cars & an unmarked car in a photoshoot type thing, when a few people were out taking night shots of their own cars. Some patrols spooted them & asked what they were doing, the people asked to take some shots of the patrol/undercover cars as part of the shoot.

Someone pointed out that they didnt think undercovers would allow the plates to be shown? So as to remain 'unknown' ??

Personally I wouldnt have thought 1 set of plates being 'known' would have any effect really.

I think the point of the thread actually shows a decent side to the patrol officers in general, providing good repport with the motor enthusiast.

Photos taken of police vehicle in the public arena is perfectly fine. If we have the media involved in anything then any pictures of number plates on police vehicles is censored out in order to not broadcast the vehicle's identity.

Even if it does get out in a photo or something remember, we run our cars to about 60K then they're replaced with a new one.

So, after this thread started -
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-2002/125026-fuel-saving-advice-please-2.html
The point came up if you could be fined for traveling too slowly under the speed limit. Is this true, and what circumstances have to take place for this to happen?

There's no specific offence for driving too slow. It comes down to the circumstances as there's a time and place for everything. It's one thing for someone to be doing 70 in the left lane on the freeway and another for someone to be barely moving in the right lane.

The most that can be read into it (particularly the second one) is careless driving and being in the right lane and not overtaking also attracts a penalty.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
The most that can be read into it (particularly the second one) is careless driving and being in the right lane and not overtaking also attracts a penalty.

And so if we were to come across this situation, what rights do we have as a law-abiding driver to let these drivers know they're doing the wrong thing? If we, say, have the whole thing video'd by a passenger and sent to the police, would that count? Or can we flash our lights at them?

I say this because too many times on the Monash, I've been stuck doing 95 in the 3rd lane, and can't overtake because there is someone doing the same speed in the right lane, and then I get flashed for seemingly 'tailgating', even though I have what I feel is a considerate distance seeing as I'm trying to maintain the flow of traffic?

Clarification on this would be much appreciated

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
And so if we were to come across this situation, what rights do we have as a law-abiding driver to let these drivers know they're doing the wrong thing? If we, say, have the whole thing video'd by a passenger and sent to the police, would that count? Or can we flash our lights at them?

I say this because too many times on the Monash, I've been stuck doing 95 in the 3rd lane, and can't overtake because there is someone doing the same speed in the right lane, and then I get flashed for seemingly 'tailgating', even though I have what I feel is a considerate distance seeing as I'm trying to maintain the flow of traffic?

Clarification on this would be much appreciated

Report the driver to 131 444 (NOT 000, thats for emergencies). If they get reported enough, they will cop a ticket.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Report the driver to 131 444 (NOT 000, thats for emergencies). If they get reported enough, they will cop a ticket.

Ah k, but like if I get evidence, can that be used against them to fine them, or does it have to be police evidence?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Ah k, but like if I get evidence, can that be used against them to fine them, or does it have to be police evidence?

It doesn't matter whos evidence it is. Keep in mind your word is classed as evidence (when you make the report, they'll ask if your willing to make a statement should the time come that the driver ends up in court).

There was a guy a few years back, who decided he needed to overtake about 10 cars on double solid lines (all the cars were doing the 100 limit), so i called up, and so did 2 others, so he was issued a fine and that was the end of it (i assume they told him there were 3 independent witnesses so it was a solid case if he chose to fight it)

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
It doesn't matter whos evidence it is. Keep in mind your word is classed as evidence (when you make the report, they'll ask if your willing to make a statement should the time come that the driver ends up in court).

There was a guy a few years back, who decided he needed to overtake about 10 cars on double solid lines (all the cars were doing the 100 limit), so i called up, and so did 2 others, so he was issued a fine and that was the end of it (i assume they told him there were 3 independent witnesses so it was a solid case if he chose to fight it)

Alright awesome.
Funny thing is, happened today on the Monash, stupid woman in a Tucson was doing literally 90 in the far right lane, and the guy in front of me woulda been about the same speed.
Sucks I drive by myself 90% of the time.