Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I saw someone on Facespace post this one up

"Did you know! That if a copper books you (driving offences), and he is not wearing his hat, then you can contest the fine in court and you will be let off?"

Thoughts?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I saw someone on Facespace post this one up

"Did you know! That if a copper books you (driving offences), and he is not wearing his hat, then you can contest the fine in court and you will be let off?"

Thoughts?

I had an uncle interstate that got away with this once but he did it on the spot to the copper.....he just said your not in full uniform

Apparently if a copper is not in 100% queens governed police uniform they do not have any legal authority over you....obviously different rules apply for undercovers though

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I had an uncle interstate that got away with this once but he did it on the spot to the copper.....he just said your not in full uniform

Apparently if a copper is not in 100% queens governed police uniform they do not have any legal authority over you.

How does this work for undercover/plain clothes officers?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Brenah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon
The story goes...
A OHS officer was on his way home from work one week day, when a copper pulled him over at about 5pm
The copper walked up to the OHS officer's window of his car and said " sir do you know how fast you where going?" The OHS officer said the speed limit constable.
The cop then said "my radar gun reads 67km/h". The OHS guy then noticed the copper wasn't wearing his hi-vis vest. The copper then said "i'll be back in a minute with you're ticket sir", to the response of the OHS guy, "i hope you come back with a warning Constable".

The copper came back to the car window and issued a $130 fine. The OHS officer issued the copper a $1500 fine for not wearing his hi-vis vest when he exits his cop car.

B

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
The story goes...
A OHS officer was on his way home from work one week day, when a copper pulled him over at about 5pm
The copper walked up to the OHS officer's window of his car and said " sir do you know how fast you where going?" The OHS officer said the speed limit constable.
The cop then said "my radar gun reads 67km/h". The OHS guy then noticed the copper wasn't wearing his hi-vis vest. The copper then said "i'll be back in a minute with you're ticket sir", to the response of the OHS guy, "i hope you come back with a warning Constable".

The copper came back to the car window and issued a $130 fine. The OHS officer issued the copper a $1500 fine for not wearing his hi-vis vest when he exits his cop car.

B

Hahha thats a good one

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Urban legend. Inspector has no power to demand identification, so who does he issue the fine to? Plus I've personally seen people get laughed out if court for trying the 'not in full uniform' excuse, I mean really, are people that stupid?

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Urban legend. Inspector has no power to demand identification, so who does he issue the fine to? Plus I've personally seen people get laughed out if court for trying the 'not in full uniform' excuse, I mean really, are people that stupid?

Police have to give their name and badge number when requested.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Police have to give their name and badge number when requested.

The only correct statement on this page on the subject so far

Last edited: