Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Well that's a bit naughty then isn't it?

You aren't required to move out of the way of a police car that isn't displaying red or blue beacons or sounding a siren or horn.

The trucks were doing their thing under their usual 'stuff everyone else' unwritten rules.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Just a quick observation.......I was travelling towards pakenham on the monash freeway today (aprox 11am) and between wellington Road and Eastlink there was roadworks being performed with lots of relevant signage and a reduced speed limit of 60km/h. Now I dont have any issues per se with roadworks and reduced speed limits however I do take exception to the fact that whilst in the third lane from the left (there is 4 for those that dont live in vic) at between 60 and 65km\h I was overtaken by two trucks a car and then a silver unmarked police car (ve wagon). When I say overtaken I can only guesstimate their speeds but definately above 80km/h. Neither the trucks or the car were pulled over, they just moved to the left and the unmarked car drove past them without accelerating or changing lanes (ie he didnt look to be in a hurry to get anywhere.

Most interesting..........thoughts, comments?

I saw a copper in a marked Ford Territory driving whilst on the phone only yesterday... bunch of wankers I tell you.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I have a problem with what vxcustom is saying, that is wrong for several reasons. Mainly the police not only didn't do their job (protecting the safety of the workers and other road users), they were also breaking the law. However it is not against the law for them to be talking on the phone. There are justifiable reasons for them to need to be able to use the phone (for one eg. - operational security) and I believe they've got more driver training than the average Joe (or is that just Hwy Patrol?). However they shouldn't IF there was a second officer in the vehicle (in my opinion). It'd also be nice if they could be charged for making personal phone calls while driving, but I don't see how that'd be enforceable unfortunately. So I'd give them a break for the phone use as they are allowed, and may have had a valid reason to be doing so (hardly getting yourself worked up over something that could be legit and justified).

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
When and why can the Victoria police confiscate number plates? can they take them because they think the car is unroadworthy

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Is infringement description "left hand" sufficient to stand up in court?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hi fabz!
I find your idea horrible. I have never tried this in my life but have heard lots of cases which leads to death just because of boozing so I suggest you not to play with your life and hang it on risk.

You do realise you replied to a comment 7.5 years old, right?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
When and why can the Victoria police confiscate number plates? can they take them because they think the car is unroadworthy

they confiscate them from unregistered vehicles (or stolen plates), so the car shouldn't be on the road anyway.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Gee this thread has gone rather quiet. Everyone must all be up to speed.