Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the petrol company dude

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
how is it that petrol people manage to raise the price of pettys by up to 8 - 10 cents a litre on a thursday and its back down again on a monday? is it as blatant a con as it looks or what, coz to me upping price so considerably on a thursday just tells me that they want to make more money before the weekend...

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
My guess is they do this to make money when people get paid. It goes up wednesday afternoon and goes down friday and most people get paid Wednesday or Thursday right?

Paradox thanks for starting this. It feels like we are talking to a cigarette company insider.

I got a question. Is 98 ron fuel really 98 Ron or a con?

Burt_vn

Back in the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VG V8 5spd, 400hp 5spd soarer, vq stato
petrols cheapest on tuesday/wednesday morning as far as i know, and i always though that was because most people dont get paid till wed night/thursday. But the basis of that pricing would be that they dont sell as much on monday/tues/wed etc, coz a lot of people go spending when they get payed..ie. thursday. It ties in with cheap movies and pizza on tuesday etc. Thats what i reckon anyway

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
When are you guys going to stop ripping us off.

Last edited:

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
why have prices of everything gone up because of fuel prices yet trucks run on diesel and the prices for diesel have stayed the same?

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
What I was amazed at while in NZ was that their petrol prices are the same at every single servo (unless you go outside of town and they are a bit higher). They also have no weekly discounting cycle and when the oil price drops, the cpl drops as well. Interestingly, not a big rollout of LPG over there and the price was considerably higher, about $NZ0.92/l.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
how is it that petrol people manage to raise the price of pettys by up to 8 - 10 cents a litre on a thursday and its back down again on a monday? is it as blatant a con as it looks or what, coz to me upping price so considerably on a thursday just tells me that they want to make more money before the weekend...

Supply and demand my friend, there's more demand for fuel over the period between thursday and saturday than the rest of the week. Servo's are supplied with fuel on a scheduled basis, in relatively quiet areas like where I live, it's once a week. If ya have a think about it, it makes sense that when you have a limited supply, when the demand rises ie. on public service payday, public holidays etc. the price will rise. Your final point is also correct, they want to make as much money as they can, they are a business and that's pretty much what their goal in life is.

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
I'm curious as to why fuel is 20 or so cents more in the country :( It doesn't make me at all happy :( Like 5/10 cents I could understand maybe... but on average 20 and as high as 30 cents difference... what's the deal? :eek:

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
why have prices of everything gone up because of fuel prices yet trucks run on diesel and the prices for diesel have stayed the same?

What the hell are you talking about? The price of diesel went up at the same time petrol went through the roof, and ya know what? Petrol is coming down faster, diesel is still stupidly expensive by comparison.