Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the Speedometer repair guy..........

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Try slapping the dash the old clusters sometimes stick or if that doesn't work I'd be checking the fuel level sender

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
slapping the dash works - I was more asking if there is a fix so I don't have to do that.

A dash slap is a constant reminder to me that my car is a dying piece of **** (even though it's actually not, that's what it says to me :p)

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Ok well the older clusters will always stick if your willing to spend some serious $$$ get a lvl 3 dash and patch loom guages work great and everything looks great

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Yep the sticking cluster is in a L3 conversion I've done already.

Also converted the other car to L3, let me know if you have any idea how to get a L3 tacho working in 4cyl mode so it reads correctly for an LS1, or how to get inst fuel readouts correct for the LS1 (they can be adjusted accurately to exactly half of true readings I think but that's as close as I have gotten)

Lazyr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII R8 CLUBSPORT VE SS v2 monaro hsv avalanche 46
Sent from my {HTC HD7} using Board Express

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
Anyone have an issue with their VL odo where the trip stops working intermittently but if you carefully flick the reset stalk it sometimes starts back up?

duran2721

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ute/vt gen3
i have a vs clubsport and i can only read some of the numbers for kilomerters the two first numbers are missing
and help on a fix

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I have a vt series 2 ls1 changed the dash cluster over now I have too many ka, how can I change this?

The kilometers are stored in the cluster so when you fit the cluster from another car you get their odometer reading.

That's why most people selling clusters say how many kilometers on the odometer.

Can't change the reading with Holden's scan tool but aftermarket gurus may be able to do it.

jamess51

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi there. I have a vs commodore with a burnt out resistor right next to the voltage regulator. I was wondering if you knew the resistor colour code of this so i can replace it. Its completely burnt so can't make out the colours.
Thanks in advance