Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio System for my VS

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
All of these prices are wayy too high for me sorry. I'm not looking for an awesopme system, im not overly picky on sound, i just want some cheap speakers that get good write ups (fusions) and that are an improvement on a standard system. I was hoping to pay no more than $450 in total for everything.

Mate the total came to $500 and I will happily discount to $450 if required... I think the suggestion I've given you offers exceptional value for money but if you don't feel the same way as I do then thats fine. Just thought I would clear that up for you mate.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Mate the total came to $500 and I will happily discount to $450 if required... I think the suggestion I've given you offers exceptional value for money but if you don't feel the same way as I do then thats fine. Just thought I would clear that up for you mate.

Yeah, sorry I didn't mean to offend. Just not having alot of money and income at the moment. And that's an online store yes? rather a store i can drive to as well. much appreciated for your help though. maybe if WOW doesnt go well ill have a look again at what youve suggested .

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Before you go out and buy all this stuff, give the money to someone else so you can't spend it, come back, sit down, and start again lol.

You can't just grab any amp, and expect it to run any sub and so forth.I didn't have time to look, but does that head unit even have a sub out? otherwise it's going to be **** house to tune without it.

I suggest you take you time, you seem like your in a bit of a rush to go out and buy stuff.I woudn't be concerned that Joe's store is online, at least it is a dedicated car audio store.Wow sells everything from electric toothbrushes to fungus cream.

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Yeah, sorry I didn't mean to offend. Just not having alot of money and income at the moment. And that's an online store yes? rather a store i can drive to as well. much appreciated for your help though. maybe if WOW doesnt go well ill have a look again at what youve suggested .

No worries mate. I do look forward to dealing with you in future though. I wish you luck and hope they look after you. I started this business because I used to be in your situation and I was really unhappy with the service I got from my local big shops. I hope your experience is better than mine was! :)

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Just rang up wow and they were gunna charge me $850 with labor charges.... i think i need to rethink. :banstick:

'Joe Bellissimo' how much does it cost with postage and what would installation prices be looking around? EDIT: Remembered i have a friend that installs audio in cars for a living... lol

Also, I am now easing up abit and won't rush into buying speakers. Joe I am looking over your site too, you're right that the prices and quality are better, just took me a bit fo calming down to realise it.

thank you

Last edited:

AutoSlick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Golf GTI Mk6
Thats cool mate. To be honest I would be trying to offer free shipping but it would depend where you live. PM me your postcode and I will look into it.

Thanks for considering the products on my site mate! I really hope as you progress through your research that you will find me gear to be what your looking for!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Fusion has packs which come with everything to get sub-woofers going. Generally cost effective as it comes with everything (the sub, amp and all associated wiring). If your on a budget option audio 6.5" in the doors and parcel shelf will be ok. Sony has decent head units as do JVC.

nath_1010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive V6
hey mate, i recommend buying/installing one component at a time, eg. headunit first, then front speakers, then rear speakers etc. i did this in my old car (my first audio install) and it helped me to get a better understanding of what each component did, like i found out how much of a difference a headunit can make to sound quality.

also, in my system i found that its worth spending a bit more money to get a good quality, more powerful amp.

just my 2 cents, but good luck with the install and everything