Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussieakito's VY SS Manual

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yea they are going to come off, what do people think of putting the thick chrome window moulds from the calais on this? Might look a bit tacky huh?

Keep them on man , they come in handy if you have to crack the window and its raining. Plus the way commodores throw the water in the window when the wipers are on is good too.

Ive seen them done with the thick chrome looks good , my neighbor has a silver vy ss with the thick chrome windows and the chrome door handles and it looks baller .

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Keep them, great for when you want to crack the window down a bit when its raining, otherwise rain just rolls off the roof into the car.

and ditch the plates.

Keep them on man , they come in handy if you have to crack the window and its raining. Plus the way commodores throw the water in the window when the wipers are on is good too.

Ive seen them done with the thick chrome looks good , my neighbor has a silver vy ss with the thick chrome windows and the chrome door handles and it looks baller .

good point. It does Piss me off when I've just washed my car then wipe the windscreen and it all comes inside lol.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
good point. It does Piss me off when I've just washed my car then wipe the windscreen and it all comes inside lol.

Yeah I hatttteee that. I like having my window open and always use my wipers when I get in the car. So bloody water gets everywhere.

Leave them on I say at least the drivers side. And since your ss is black they are hardly noticeable.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Yea they are going to come off, what do people think of putting the thick chrome window moulds from the calais on this? Might look a bit tacky huh?

Any plate ideas?
Thanks airstrike :)
It could work man. With black I think the chrome could be a nice highlight.

Check out rhe black vf if you wanna see what chrome on black looks like, I think it looks great.

And with the plates, I bet there would be someone willing to pay a good amount of money for them. I wouldnt swap them out for something different unless u can break even.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
First thing bought for this car, $5.
Can anyone guess what it is
m_HdaReG2A6f0dS0gNePRaA.jpg

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
The cover that goes over the console ?

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Just paint it like Uniacidz one. He got the same looking towbar cover hitch thingy that you do.

Nice car by the way. Might have to come have a look at it one day!