Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I just had a read of their policy statement(s). It didn't take long, mainly because they were mostly single paragraph aspirational statements. There was nothing there with regard to what they would actually do or change.

Just 1 example within their primary charter (road safety):

We support the enhanced education of drivers in all aspects of road safety, including personal responsibility, driving skills and habits, vehicle maintenance, the Fatal Five killers on Australian roads, and the right of every Australian to ‘survive the drive’.

Well whoopdy ####ing doo.... Fair chance that every political party (save the greens who would abolish cars if they had their way) would agree with that. There is not one shred of a plan as to how they would achieve these goals.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
(save the greens who would abolish cars if they had their way)

incorrect. greens are fine with cars. they would like to see it augmented, however, with cycling and/or public transport.

That being said - the issues the AEMP are interested in are legislated at a state level, not at a federal level. would be interesting to see how they try to push their platform on federal stage.....

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
The Senate situation in Australian is an absolute disgrace.
To have something like this party having a voice proves it. Total yobbo or worse. We need professional people in our parliament running the country.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
To have something like this party having a voice proves it. Total yobbo or worse. We need professional people in our parliament running the country.
Agree :) Imagine this guy going on a fact-finding mission to the UN......:eek:

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport

Cause the professionals are doing such a great job.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Well they arent chasing mates about with poo on a stick.

Yet.

Maybe they're just smart enough to not record it............I can't even begin to imagine what Peter Garrett did before he turned to politics

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
No apparently there was a youtube clip about the playing with poo incidentit, I have seen it. After election, youtube clip was taken down, along with the off colour social media jokes.

Being a rock star wee bit different to playing with poo and putting it on the web.....

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
While he isn't what I had of hoped to have been our first senator for the party we have to work with what we have. Party members and supporters are hoping Keith Littler and other members will work with him to clean up his act (and his missus for that matter if anyone seen the interview). This is the party's one chance to shine and it all rests on a bogans shoulders......Even I'm more than a little nervous.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
incorrect. greens are fine with cars. they would like to see it augmented, however, with cycling and/or public transport.

One thing Victoria needs is more areas for cycling only. I'd love to see "cycling highways" that run adjacent to some of our roads. I know I would ride the 45k's to work each day if a road was linked beside the freeway. With how Victorian motorists treat cyclists I wouldn't dare venture on the route that I would need to use to get to work. It is one of the only policies of the greens I agree with that more cycling lanes are required.