Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australian Poker League (APL)

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
Any APL players here on JC post up where you play and If you have any cool poker stories share them for all.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Used to play at Stafford Tavern a while ago. Some stories, one of my work mates (Tony) was playing with some of his mates one night, Tony's mate had a straight flush, Tony had the Royal!! LOL. My best is me and another guy on the second last table, I had about 3 times the chips this other guy had, he goes all in pre-flop, I call with pocket Kings, he turns over two random cards, he was trying to bluff me, he gets 2 pair on the flush, I get 3 of a kind on the turn, and he pulls a full house on the river. LOL.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
Funnyest thing ive seen on a poker table is an Islander lad folding pocket Aces pre flop because there "unlucky"

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah I used to play before I started working Thursday nights. Ive been to the final table a few times but never won.

My friends call me Michael Flatley, I will always pull something out of my arse on the river. This one night, was just brilliant though. I thought this bloke was bluffing, I was looking for a straight, needed a J for a 10-A run. Turn went down didnt get it, and this guys put in about quarter of his chips. I had already committed to the pot so I tried to bluff him out of it and went all in. He called and I just sunk. Next card, Jack and I almost jumped out of my chair haha.

Another funny one, when we play with mates, one of my ******** friends without fail says "Huh huh pocket aces" whenever he gets cards. He was on my table. First hand of the night, and hes gone "I like pocket aces". He chucks in a couple of hundred and the rest of the table folds and I thought you dicks and kept raising him. I had I think Queen pair and a king kicker and thought yeah hes got nothing hes full of **** as usual. He ended up taking me for half my chips, first hand of the night... first time the dick has ever had pocket aces.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I played for a year and like Grennan made the final table a couple of times, closest I got was second. Might consider playing this year again.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
working arvo's cant play anymore, but normally top 16 or better.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
The tournament in my local area is 888PL, formerly NPL. I've played one APL tourno, in Moe... $1000 free roll, like 250 runners to start with and I came 13th.

Worst bad beat:
Holding Kc Qc.
I double the pre-flop bet, whole table (8) calls.
Flop: 10c, Jc, Kh. Sweet. Pair, open ended straight, possible flush, straight flush and royal flush.
3 checks infront of me, I bet triple the blind, 4 players fold, 3 call.
Turn: Qd. SWEET, Two pair, open ended straight, 4 cards of the nut flush, open ended straight flush, possible full book.
2 checks in front of me, I push all in (Roughly 4 times the blinds), 2 folds, 1 caller.
He rolls his cards over: 9d, 2h. He's got the low straight. I have 16 outs for the win (Ac, 9c, 8c, 7c, 6c, 5c, 4c, 3c, 2c, Kh, Kd, Ks, Qh, Qd, Qs) or, 5 outs for a split pot (Ah, Ad, As, 9h, 9s)
River: 5h.
RAGE.

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
love the APL here in town,

available to play 5 days a week (monday-thursday night time 6PM freeroll 7PM main game at different pubs each night, and saturday afternoon 4PM freeroll)

generally play 2 nights a week, generally make final 16.
best result 2nd, and only this weekend played in the WSOP final for the ACT/NSW region, 500 players, $30 buy in. got wiped out, pocket jacks (7000 all in pre flop) played pocket queens (call), he hit a queen on the flop, and nothing in sight for me to win :(

worst bad beat ive seen was a mate's wife. she had pocket queens, flop came down 9 9 Q, (full house) bet HARD got one caller, turn came as a 2, still a caller, river K, big bets, other guy had pocket kings, got over the top full housed.

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina
best i've done was last week at school playing 5 card stud poker with 2 teachers, a mate and some other bloke in my class ,anyways after a few hours we get bored and start playing for cash (just $20 each) nearing the end of the day we all decide to go all in .... no one has anything good except a teacher with 3 of a kind so i laugh and put down my cards 3 pairs, grab the cash have a quick yarn and walk away..... now you would of thought a maths teacher should know you cant get 3 pairs in a 5 card game lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I have won one night, beat his queen high flush with my king high flush. Another time quite early in the night, we had 5 guys go all in pre-flop, end result, no-one even has a pair but I win with Ace kicker. LOL.