Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto headlights

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hi ppl. Just wondering about the auto headlights. Do all commies, or at least s packs have everything required for the auto headlights to work and just need the required switch or is there more involved than just that?
When installing my fog light switch i saw 2 more wiring looms tucked up inside the dash facsia, Lloyd1986 told me one is for the traction control switch, whats the other one? It has 2 wires and its quite a small connector...

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Auto headlights involve a separate relay which you would see behind the switch and consists of a large plug to plug the headlight plug into, another plug the same as the headlight one to plug into the headlight switch, and a 12v ignition input. My 12v ignition input was a small connector but it only had one wire, and so I don't know what yours could be.

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Im pretty sure from memory the small connector in my dash had two wires. Anyway sounds like i cant do it so thanks anyway

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
what do the auto headlights do ?

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
At night for example you leave the headlight switch on auto, the lights turn off when you lock the car, when u unlock the car the lights come on again. Basically so you can see your way at night before you lock the car. Im not sure what else it does

ear099

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
it turns the light on when it gets dark and turns them off when its light