Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto-magic Headlights (surveilance mode)

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
yes you are right... each to their own opinions :thumbsup: i don't see the issue with auto headlights, and you guys do.... the place would be as boring as hell if we all agreed :D

I love the auto lights, I like the fact that when the wipers are on, the lights turn on too. Its just a safety thing. I, like most people, do not have an issue with flicking the off switch, if I really need to, which I hardly ever need to do. Falcons dont have the auto on thing, maybe thats the car for you? Also, dipped headlights dont dazzle, high beams do. Thats what dip is for.

The lights are going on, that's it, I don't see the issue, they are not crawling out from under the hood and high-beaming you in the face randomly. If it is daylight, oncoming drivers are not going to be too concerned. Just cut in a switch and break the circuit. You could even have 3 switches you have to turn on if that makes up for all the times you had them go on automatically.

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
i love the auto on feature, it means i dont have to do it and ive set the sensitivity to late so it comes on and off less, if i dont want them on i just flick them off, but i think if lights on bother you, you need anger management.

Its all about safety and convenience, how many times have you seen people driving in pitch black just relying on street lights because they havnt turned their lights on...
But i do see your point though, and in some ways i do agree, you have a car with things it does and what not, and YOU want to be able to tell them what to do not the car doing whatever it wants.

Just think if its not changing the way the car drives at all whats the point in worrying about it? At least then it means one less person will cut you off because they might actually notice you because the lights are on.

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
I just noticed today that the A/C comes on automatically unless you have the fan switched to 'off'
I dunno about you guys but I want to be in control of my VE. If I have switched the A/C to 'off', so the little orange light goes out, why in the hell do the boffins at Holden think I want it 'on' when I start the car again.
Sorry, just trying (poorly) to take the mickey out of some of the posts here.

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
Yeah I think there a good thing, now if I could get the same thing on my girlfriend so she turns the lights off around the house during the day I could afford an R8 :yeah:

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
I think the air con thing is to do with what setting its on. If it is switched to windscreen a/c automatically comes on to demist the window. But yeah I know what you mean, I keep turning it off, and the farking thing keeps turning itself back on.

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
It's clearly a conspiracy between holden and the globe manufacturer's!

I'm with Hunter - I have no issue with the VE auto headlights, who cares if they turn on and off when it's overcast, I only see the dash lights. My VYII was friggin annoying in Auto mode though, the sensor was playing up and I had countless flat batteries from them not turning off when I parked in a hurry and didn't notice them.

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
In Soviet Holden, VE Commodores drive you!

I quite like the auto headlight feature, I don't have a problem with it at all & if I feel that it's too light to have them on, I just switch them off again. No biggie.

I can understand the point though, but every car has its flaws & I guess this is one of them for the VE. Perhaps the next model will include a manual override?

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
I drive with my VY's headlights (no... not foglights) on all the time. The car starts fine, and in 5 years, not one blown bulb.....

The only thing is then people that say... "Mate, your headlights are still on" when I walk away from the car in the car park.... but then I get to say "no they are not"...because they have turned themselves off....and person goes "oooohhh, flash car eh Mate!"