Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Axle Tramp - Is there an actual solution?

Rigggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
I've been doing a fair bit of reading on here and elsewhere regarding this and nothing has given me a solid answer.

My car suffers from pretty bad tramp. Currently running 550rwhp

I've just installed MCA coilovers and Superpro void fillers, I have diff bushes also that will go on the car in the next week or so.

The coilovers and Void fillers have reduced the tramp but it is still very much there, and I'm not confident the diff bushes will eliminate it but will see what happens.

Failing that I'm reading replacing Lateral & trailing arms with heavier items, Gforce axles, coilover spring rates etc.

My question is has anyone come up with a solid solution to the problem? I'm not keen to go and fork out another $3k on arms and axles if they don't guarantee a fix to the problem.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
only fix i know of is the new axles that are offset sizes to stop the harmonics causing the tramp (havnt used myself yet tho), careful with the diff bushes i done mine to help tramp and they did nothing except allow all the diff whine into the cabin which lasted a week was so annoying till i put the stock bushes back in, also i havnt had any tramp since fitting the blower if that helps

Rigggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Mine has a blower already. I'm not worried about the wine it's not a daily. Strange that it stopped after fitting a blower though.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
your diff might be ok but that diff whine mine had was seriously bad so just warning u was on accel and decel and coasting so annoying it amazed me how much the stock bushes stopped the noise, yea lucky the blower fixed mine (surprised it didnt help yours tho) would have done my head in if it still done it after

H

harrop.senator

I did ridiculously stiff hhd towing springs (600-1000lbs/inch) think standard hd by kings is 300-400 and the nolathane diff bushes. This was in a vy ute but it got rid of most my tramp issues.

If youre bulk lowered you may have to reset your pinion angle with some wedged bushes. Unsure if they make them for commodores in nissans theyre called drift pineapples tilts your subframe so that under launch your pinion angles nice.

Rigggs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
Apparently the VF GTS (as well as GTSR & W1) axles are miss matched diameter like the Gforce ones.

Will VF GTS axles fit VE? Could be an additional option if so.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Mine used to axle tramp something shocking, after a winter of driving the tramp sorted it self out and hasn't done it again (5 years since) every bush is stock

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
late vfss axles are the different offset each side apparently

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
i'm not sure if the axles from the VF LSA's are the same due to the larger 9.9" diff, but the VF SS has different axles diameters which are much cheaper than gforce. a wrecker should have them for $3-400.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
I did ridiculously stiff hhd towing springs (600-1000lbs/inch) think standard hd by kings is 300-400 and the nolathane diff bushes. This was in a vy ute but it got rid of most my tramp issues.

If youre bulk lowered you may have to reset your pinion angle with some wedged bushes. Unsure if they make them for commodores in nissans theyre called drift pineapples tilts your subframe so that under launch your pinion angles nice.
A mate had airbags in his VY SS and VZ SS utes and it did not tramp with them in it, but he pulled them out before he went to sell the VY and took it to the drag strip and the bastard tramped like hell 1st 2ed and all the way in 3rd for easy 300m like a real bastard.
It did not do that at all before with the airbags in.