Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

B&M Shiftplus Electronic Shift Improver

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Rip off!! Meh, l might just wait 4 weeks when l turn 18 and then l can pay with a credit card.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
should get my credit card 2moro so might order myself one.....and give it a go at connecting it.....my gearbox has been feeling wierdish since my mum has been driving it changes into gear later and in reverse with my foot off the brake it doesnt roll backwards...hmm

I

IVICA

Credit card not needed

2_SeeK_U said:
Rip off!! Meh, l might just wait 4 weeks when l turn 18 and then l can pay with a credit card.

Ey Guys

I odered my Shiftplus with a maxed out credit card :D and VPW simply called me and told me i could pay for my shiftPlus via COD, thought Australia POst. So you dont need to wait for a credit card 2_seek_U just call VPW and arrange it via Ausi POst. Their contact number is (03) 8405 9500 so jus give them a call. It cost me $68 dollars all up including postage, and iam situated in Geelong.

Goodluck

Ps- went 4 a drive in the rain before, and swtiched the shiftPlus on lets jus say when it hit second gear i had to put my cigi down and start concentrating :D

FullySik

Reaction score
hi i am just wondering what engines do you guys have V6 or V8 that have tested the shiftplus as i have a V8 and chirp the wheels when changing from 1st to 2nd every now and then. I am just wondering if this would make the wheels chirp all the time or make the car kick out a bit.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I wouldn't recommend this mod as all it does is electronically increases the line pressure. If you wanna chirp it into second then go to Repco and get a corvette servo and give the force motor a quarter turn (increases line pressure) will cost you like under $40 and is strengthening the gearbox a bit (ie:corvette servo)
Cheers

I

IVICA

Corvette Servo

Hey Airstrike do you have the part number for the corvette servo???because i went into repco today and they said they haven the faintest idea and recommened i go to the transsmission mob....he told me to get a part number if possible...also to FullySik i installed the B&MShiftPlus yesterday to my Vs V6 and it does make a considerable difference....i wud recomend it to anywon, however after finding out about the corvette servo iam thinkin of tryin this out, because my car wont spin it into 2nd only on greassy roads but maybe thats cause i got 235's on the back rims...also wat would happen if i had the corvette servo and increased the line pressure via turning the screw, and also had my ShifPlus on??? the shiftPlus would be rather useless wouldn it??????

cheers

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I can not stress enough DO NOT RUN THE B&M SHIFT-PLUS ASWELL AS ADJUSTING THE FORCE MOTOR this will increase the line pressure to much. Stock the transmission runs around the 180ish PSI from memory and a quarter turn is around another 20PSI so running the shift-plus aswell would be well over 200 PSI and this would greatly increase the trans temp and cause premeutre failure of the pump. But if you wanna risk it go for it but defenetly not like 260+ PSI this would cause all sorts of problems from trans fluid leaks to a blown torque convertor.
All you should have to ask for at Repco is a
Corvette second apply piston
or
Increased apply area second apply piston

for a 4L60E or TH700 if they wanna be smart ;) but should only have to ask for a corvette servo.....
Cheers

Spanner

Reaction score
Power Switch

Well, now i am not sure weather or not to go out and buy the shift improver, if it is going to f@ck up my transmission.

If i only run the shift improver am i at risk of doing costly dammage to the transmission.?????? :confused:

D

davo

If i only run the shift improver am i at risk of doing costly dammage to the transmission.??????

just remember boys to rebuild the clutches in the box costs nearly 2 grand!!!

how can thumping the clutches in with more pressure allow them to last longer than easing them in slowly?

Still my mate had a VL v8 with a shift kit that was absolutly awesome.

vraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bang slam cluck vraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

till the day they had a look underneith and found half the torque converter bolts had sheered off.

Spanner

Reaction score
Shitttt......

So, what r ya trying to say. If i get one it is gunna be f@ckin awesom to drive, but it is absolutly gunna screw my car???????????