Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Back to holden

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
My cousin has a VE clubsport that gets 15L to a tank...with no mods.

I think theres something wrong with it though after reading the consumption you guys get :/

Kinng

Only 15L to a whole tank??? Yeah I think there's something wrong with it too.

Tap'n Like A Boss on my 5 while grilling on my Weber!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
kinng why cry for us v8 owners about fuel usage, if you cant afford to run you cant afford to buy it, I get 12.5 average around town, lucky as im not that close to the city so not really worried but the M1 on the way to airport northside from southside in the mornings is dreadful, I still see 13.5 on that stretch once a week (soon drops once we get going) will have to check average speed though to really make a comparison, long live the v8 and its mods

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
If you care about how much fuel you burn, buy a Prius.

Currently getting 25L/100 around town in peak hour and couldn't care less :)

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Big-Al yeah im not bothered either, im nowhere near peak hour other than what I said before, I was curious how the car would go on way to Sydney/Bathurst from Brisbane after tune etc but got in and drove, quite surprised, anyway welly to the wall and enjoy!!!!!!

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
You're nuts. Nfw would I trade in a BF XR6T for a VE clubsport. The BF has so much more potential with much cheaper mods for much greater gains. Not to mention is a hell of a lot sexier.

If you're asking how much fuel the clubby will use then you're not ready for a V8.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
My cousin has a VE clubsport that gets 15L to a tank...with no mods.

I think theres something wrong with it though after reading the consumption you guys get :/

Kinng

I think your cousin is a little bit more honest than most people. Mine sits at 14-18L/100 around brisbane (majority of the time off boost) and can manage just around 500km on 55L on the highway.
Hell, it was only maybe 1L/100km better before I started playing with the thing.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Are you guys calculating you fuel average or going off the dash reading? because those dash readings are not known to be the most accurate..

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
if you can afford a hsv , why not forget about holden , and get the amg v8 , heaps better quality and luxury aswell .

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hi all,

I have been looking at trading my 2010 fg xr6 turbo in for 2008 hsv clubsport.
Still unsure if this is a wise move, my current car has 291rwkw and 800nm so there is a power change. Has anyone got an idea with highway driving how many km ill get to a tank?

Cheers

Terrible idea, you are going to be going to an older car, with less power that drinks more.

What is the drive behind this decision?