Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bad clutch shudder

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
those fork rubbers dont need to be removed unless theyre getting replaced. theyre only tiny little things that cant cause much harm besides a fork rattle on the bell housing when they wear.

either way the box will have to removed and the clutch inspected because theres something majorly wrong. Ive had no trouble what so ever since installing my Exedy H/D clutch. all I can think of is the flywheel needs a serious machine, the pressure plate isnt sitting square against the flywheel or some of the friction material has broken off the clutch plate (which would explain metal-on-metal squeaking).

well i will keep u posted as 2 what is actually the problem because its booked in to get fixed up on monday

Denso

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp ss commodore
any news on this? did they find the problem?

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
any news on this? did they find the problem?

dropping the box out of it this week myself. im not paying sum dick head that has already stuffed up once $400 to take the gearbox out and put it back in just 4 2 little rubber tips....

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just dont let the box hang on the input shaft while taking it out and putting it back in it bends the clutch plate easy as and will definately make it vibrate :D

MattyVRss

matty T
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ss
just dont let the box hang on the input shaft while taking it out and putting it back in it bends the clutch plate easy as and will definately make it vibrate :D

well its funny u say that lol because that was exactly what was wrong with the clutch that was in my car that was fitted by a experienced mechanic! when they had the engine out of my car they left the box in the car and what appears to have happened is when they have tried to put the motor back in and line up the shaft its belted hell out of the drive plate and then once they got in in they must of let the motor hang off the drive plate and it bent the **** out of it ! any wonder it was shuddering like mad and wasn't releasing properly and causing it so many problems...... but the worst part is the guy that fitted it isnt taking any responsibility 4 his **** up and has straight out refused to pay 4 a new clutch :bang:.... but i have put a new clutch in the car today and did it all myself and i must say its a pleasure 2 drive now :D no shuddering and it has great pedal feel and dosent take off as soon as u lift the pedal 5mm off the floor....

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah 9 times out of ten clutch shudder is install error sometimes its only bad in reverse slipping the clutch out to reverse up driveways other times its so badly bent its in all gears and effects the gearchange and stuff too good to see you got it sorted