Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bad rubbing noise

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
well im out of ideas..... ??? have u asked a mechanic about any of this because im only first year mechanic and still aint gettin taught squat at trade school lol

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
yeah

s_pack said:
Dude, its a rear wheel drive....STOP USIN YA HAND BREAK :D

man i so wish that was it, no hand brakey's and no probleams but unfortuantely if punch through town or any corner it does it, no matter wat, wen normall suspension would get body roll thats wen it makes the noise, on the left of the car, you can feel it in the car, well passengers can

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual

ok so u dont no wat i should check, just so i no systems are, oil on everything on that side, rubbing or bad noise, cant see wear marks on the under gaurds, no bad tyre wear, puts my steering wheel out, **** somehting aint right, maybe i hsould see a mechanic, also check out my other thread guys, its called ... well i dont no, end bit has please help... please... hceck it out can ya guys

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
so theres oil the whole way down that side??? is it auto or manual? and i definately think u should go and see a mechanic tommorow since u have a day off and all :D

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
yep

boona15 said:
so theres oil the whole way down that side??? is it auto or manual? and i definately think u should go and see a mechanic tommorow since u have a day off and all :D

yes all on everything u can see in that pic, now i no my sump leaks but only slowly, and there is way to much oil to be form the sump, its an auto, i wana change it soon wen i blow something

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Umm if you are going around right hand corners and there is oil around your left hand shock, that leads to me that your shock is gone. How hard is it to push down on the car on the right hand side. Compared to the left hand side?

mongoose3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Why not just pay pedders $14 or what ever it is and see what they tell you. Sure they'll tell you alot of things are worn but you'll be able to use you common sense to figure out what's causing your prob. Could be your steering leaking, leaky shock or shot bushes.

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual

hey guys, i took my mate for a spin and he thought it may be the ball joint or nuckle joint or wat ever it is called, that round metal thing were your tyre and crap goes on it may be leaking grease and just metal on metal now :confused:

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Have you tried swapping over front wheels?
Are both front wheels the same width?
Is the top of your left strut tight?
Checked the bearing?