Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

bad sound in vx commodore

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
fan belt off eliminates a LOT of things. i'm pretty sure that highlights something just can't remember what off the top of my head hopefully someone else can throw their 2c in.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Could be lifters. I'd pose that to another mech and see what they think.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Inside the engine, they have rollers that run on the cam. These rollers can sometimes make a slight squeeling noise when they start to seize. Chinese lifters will also do this.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx, vx supercharge both 2002 , ve 2007
Inside the engine, they have rollers that run on the cam. These rollers can sometimes make a slight squeeling noise when they start to seize. Chinese lifters will also do this.
where do i look for these lifters pls

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They are inside the engine, you can hear but not seem them. I think it's best you ask your mech to have a listen for lifter noise. Not all mechs know what they sound like as it's not overly common on Eco V6.
I had the issue and three different garages could not identify the noise. I know what it sounds like, and can pick it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
where do i look for these lifters pls
They are inside the engine, you can hear but not seem them. I think it's best you ask your mech to have a listen for lifter noise. Not all mechs know what they sound like as it's not overly common on Eco V6.
I had the issue and three different garages could not identify the noise. I know what it sounds like, and can pick it.
i wish i knew how to upoad a vid to help

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have to upload it to YouTube then post up the link. Sometimes video are hard to work out noise. So far in video I posted no one worked out what was causing the noise.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have to upload it to YouTube then post up the link. Sometimes video are hard to work out noise. So far in video I posted no one worked out what was causing the noise.
ok thanks that seems to hard for me id rather try work on car lol the computer stresses me lol but if i could find a mechanic that doesnt turn me away saying idk im gunna go back and try with asking about lifters but i do ask how long or how many kms do you think it will make it going back to them

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanks that seems to hard for me id rather try work on car lol the computer stresses me lol but if i could find a mechanic that doesnt turn me away saying idk im gunna go back and try with asking about lifters but i do ask how long or how many kms do you think it will make it going back to them
must add that i have been playing the cd player a little loud to hear any noise latley and had father pass away so wasnt thinking of car everytime i drove so i can only say it wasnt happening 2wks ago