Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Banks - VZ SSZ Ute

S

StealthCalais

Those foglights look awesome! Well done. Utes looking pretty sweet. Just a note on the new exhuast... i was looking at getting dual outlets on my car down the track (like a left and right one like youve just got) is it a big problem to get it to work because of the underbody? Or is relatively simple? Cheers.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Thanks guys :) really really happy with how the rings turned out, turns alot of heads and im pretty sure its the only ute or holden for that matter with halos :p

Ute gets lowered on friday!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Lovell SL with durashock shortened shocks and new bump stops. Was going to go SSL all round but it would make it illegal (under 100mm) so im not going to do it. I'll see how it looks after and make the decision to go lower or not.

Right now the ute is in 1000 pieces, front bar is off, rear bumpers are off, mirrors are off, tail lights are out, roof strips are out, panels inside the tray are out, windscreen wiper recess is out annnnnd theres something else but i forget... reason? PAINTING! Painting or repainting the lot. Next will be the roof and bonnet (stone chips have caused a bit of cancer...)

Apart from a panel in the tray which i'm changing the switches over to flat ones with blue LED's (my light and 12v source switches).

HOPEFULLY my tail light panels should be done either tomorrow or friday so i might get them in for the weekend :D

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
RAW:

attachment.php

EDITED:

attachment.php

Attachments

• E1197816 [1280x768].jpg
    E1197816 [1280x768].jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 981
  • E1197816PS [1280x768].jpg
    E1197816PS [1280x768].jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,009

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
ohhhh stop it! what height should i go!??!?!?!?

whos got SSL's on a vz ute that i can ask, tonight lol

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Should be the best looking ute on the roads when it's repainted. That edited photo looks great too :thumbsup:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
lol, sorry!! umm, not sure on the utes? mine has the lowest lovells makes, I think its around kings SSL? maybe?

The front doesnt look too bad in those pics hey, so SL might be ok, but i'd go maybe SSL in the rears, to even it out a bit...

Go raiding the VY VZ section of the My Ride section, lol probly already have hey?!

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
lol, sorry!! umm, not sure on the utes? mine has the lowest lovells makes, I think its around kings SSL? maybe?

The front doesnt look too bad in those pics hey, so SL might be ok, but i'd go maybe SSL in the rears, to even it out a bit...

Go raiding the VY VZ section of the My Ride section, lol probly already have hey?!

I was talking to the guy today and he didnt recommend doing that, having SL in the fronts and SSL in the rear. Saying something about the weight then not being over the front wheels which woud result in understeer. He said either go SL all round or SSL all round to lower it evenly