Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery getting fully drained. Need help!

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
ummm... this may be stupid... but shouldnt you have VERY small current draw when the ignition is turned off... (i.e. stereo backup memory, factory immobiliser, aftermarket alarm, etc)

To test current, (as already stated) you have to REMOVE the +ve battery terminal and put the multimeter (SET to highest setting and work down for sensativity) in between the battery and the removed terminal.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
^^^. Yeah typo on my last post. Current draw of 0.01 with ignition turned off.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
^^^. Yeah typo on my last post. Current draw of 0.01 with ignition turned off.

ok...

you have to systematically assess all the possibilities?

- radio
- alarm
- immobiliser
- amps
- interior ilumination
- door switches (the ones that turn the interior light on)
- Boot switch (yes for the boot light)

That all i can think of now... but check all the switches and systems but cycling them through operation... (i.e. open, shut, open, shut) you can do this on the door and boot switches with your finger on the actual switch... one of them might be faulty and doesnt work all the time... hence... your drained battery only 'sometimes' ...

if after all that... i suggest the data logging multimeter... then assess again with results from that.. :)

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
There will be a tiny amount of current. It shouldnt be much though. I would guess in the tens of mA. You dont want to go too low on sensitivity or you will blow your meters fuse if the interior light did come on.