Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

battery warning light on start up

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I would think a basic headunit would be still kicking long after everything else has died. If there is enough power drain to kill the stereo, you would lose lights first and possibly even engine management stuff like computers and fuel pumps. I dont know if it should show up on the dash though, you would think a fuse would blow first. That bit confuses me, unless a self installed stereo is not running through any fuses?

Maybe its more than one issue?

I've had warning lights flash occasionally for months before they finally stay on and I develop battery problems. In those cases, (not all commodores) a couple times it was brushes and reg and once it was the diodes on the VS.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Yeah, it's got me a bit worried cos the music system is one of the things I love about my car. I know it's only a basic system but I'm easily amused. Maybe if it gets some electrical pulse of some sort it reads it as a signal to do something, like switch off?
Anyway I'll check battery terminals, earth connections and voltage output and go from there
thanks everyone