Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery

blue alliance

Reaction score
Website
www.cruisingmackay.com
Members Ride
98 VT S pack Supercharged/ 77 Datsun 260z Rb20det
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but anyway. Just taking a look at my maintance free battery and found the red light is illuminated. This equals a check up. Has anyone had this happen and know what i'm likely to find when i go into the shop on Monday.

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
is the red light on the battery or the battery light on your dash?
if its the one on your dash then this normally means that your charging system isnt working properly.
i dont deal with much mainternance free batterys even at work but i'd be guessing that it would be a time triggered light or your battery cells are low on electrolyte.
see if you can open up the cells, there should be caps on the top of the battery, fill all the cells up about 1.5 to 2 centimeters from the top, the easiest way is to either use a masterfoods or similar squeeze bottle or a drink bottle with the sports cap on it. normal tap water should do the trick. if this fixes the light its just that the cells were low on electrolyte.
hope this helps.
Cheers.

blue alliance

Reaction score
Website
www.cruisingmackay.com
Members Ride
98 VT S pack Supercharged/ 77 Datsun 260z Rb20det
Yeah it's the light on the actual battery. Thanks

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
lol, i laugh when i see the word maintance free battery, it realyis a ploy, there is no such thing as a maintance free battery, all will eventualy run low on electrolye and die, keep looking at that, just means you dont have to fill it up as much as normal

maintance free battery's need checking atleast once every 6 months', just to make sure they are all doin good, but fill them up with bottled distiled water, tap water will do the job, but distiled is a better flowing conductor, so electrolitic solution will build up quicker

cheers
garth