Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ben Cousins on Drug Charges

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
juzo, agree there, the AFL drug code is an UTTER joke. It allows its player to test positive to banned substances 3 times before they are named. Perhaps if it was a 1 strike and your out rule people may sit up and listen but until then, nothing will change.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Isn't this what we already have????
apparently so. its obvious when you read these sorts of threads... the pill poppers and bong heads always stick up for the drug cheats/users. it happened in the andrew johns thread and it is happening here.

long and short of it is drugs are bad, they do damage to your body and they are illegal. if you cant get this through your head you are a dumb arse. there is no excuse, no matter who you are.

The above post is my own personal comment/opinion and does not reflect the opinion of JustCommodores or the administrators/moderators/sponsors of JustCommodores.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
apparently so. its obvious when you read these sorts of threads... the pill poppers and bong heads always stick up for the drug cheats/users. it happened in the andrew johns thread and it is happening here.

long and short of it is drugs are bad, they do damage to your body and they are illegal. if you cant get this through your head you are a dumb arse. there is no excuse, no matter who you are.

The above post is my own personal comment/opinion and does not reflect the opinion of JustCommodores or the administrators/moderators/sponsors of JustCommodores.

i am neither of these, yet i just feel its made worse by the media...i am not sticking up for him, i just know how it feels to be down and out(even though i'd never put any **** into my body like he does).

West Coast Eagles have sacked him...maybe carlton will pick him up now?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I don't think any team will have him now, he is too big of a risk with what he does......

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i heard an interesting thing on the news tonight. apparently the drug he was caught with was valium.

valium can be used for a couple of reasons. one is to get high, but the other is to treat anxiety. in my experience, having seen in the media what cousins has gone through over the past year, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was that.

if so, then part of me feels sorry for the poor guy. it's a completely different set of circumstances to being caught smoking ice.

roby02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe wagon
well i stand by what i said before
but the bottom line is noone held a gun to his or any druggies head and told to take it
those that do it in there own homes ect thats their choice but they are not deemed role models
i dont think any excuse is acceptable when a sport movie song (personallity) type person does this stuff
all its doing is telling kids its ok (especially if your a celleb):rip:

also i heard he was carrying coke marijuana and something else
so once again the media stuffs it up
but still thats not an excuse
and apparently he has now been dropped by West Coast so his days are over

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
cousins got sacked from eagles today, i think he might be going to richmond or melbourne though not 100% sure

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin

there's a reason for that. they know that most drug abusers don't end up doing it for fun or to stick it up society, they do it to cope.

what good does it do to condemn those people? not any at all. other than to make some people feel superior (not taking aim at anyone, we all do that from time to time).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i heard an interesting thing on the news tonight. apparently the drug he was caught with was valium.

valium can be used for a couple of reasons. one is to get high, but the other is to treat anxiety. in my experience, having seen in the media what cousins has gone through over the past year, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was that.

if so, then part of me feels sorry for the poor guy. it's a completely different set of circumstances to being caught smoking ice.

if this is the case and all it was is valium...the media have alot to answer for.

I will still wait and see the final outcome before making a final judgement.