Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ben Cousins on Drug Charges

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
He's been delisted already. He's gone. Done and dusted.

His contract said "dont get arrested for anything. He did. All over.

No he was fired from West Coast, not de-listed by the AFL. Two different things.

Could you show me a statement from the AFl that says they have delisted him as a player?

From what i understand, he can nominate himself for the draft just like every other player de-registered from their club.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
i'd like to see an apology come from everyone involved in his name tarnishing especially those reporters, it disgusting how you can go around and bad mouth someone for no reason and be able to get away wiht it....what happend to defimation of character?

He refused a drug test and was arrested.

The media was hanging out for him to fail - and he did. By refusing a drug test he was gone.

He was warned many times.

He has done wrong and the media had a field day. Not often a tall poppy fall in such a public was - no shirt middle of the day stuff.

What did you expexct the media to do? It was sooo public in you face sorta stuff that sells papers.

So they got the pills he had wrong - but by refusing a test he is guilty by refusal. I thing thats how it works? If you say no your charged with that.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
and as if another club would take him anyway... nobody wants that sort of dark cloud over ther heads.

aZk.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
and as if another club would take him anyway... nobody wants that sort of dark cloud over ther heads.

aZk.

Mate, loads of people couldn't give a crap what players do outside the game. I personally don't. Its what they do on the field. Many teams have already shown a strong interest.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i'd like to see an apology come from everyone involved in his name tarnishing especially those reporters, it disgusting how you can go around and bad mouth someone for no reason and be able to get away wiht it....what happend to defimation of character?

Refer post #57. That is as close as I will get. I stand by everything I have posted and have nothing to apologize for.

Reaper

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
no way, yo cant just not do a police drug test and get of scot free. he should be punished to the full extent of the law. if i refused one id garentue i would cop it, so should he. i rekon it stinks that eagles dont get any kind of repramand as well, carlton, malbourne and the bombers all got draft pics and finacial punishment for breaking the rules i dont c y W/C should not get done!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Its not the point, everyone here jumped on the bandwagon and said he deserves this he deserves that with basing their comments on what the MEDIA had said.
Now people are saying the same as you reaper, "refusing a test is not doing anything wrong?" of course it is wrong, i doubt the charges for that if any were made will be dropped, just the drug charges have been. Christ people drive off on booze buses etc all the time, do you see them sacked from their job? I think not. Its just blatant double standards.

If this was the first time he has been in trouble I may have agreed. Unfortunately Ben has a long history of "indiscretions". Further to this, his profession is very high profile in the media where image is everything as far as attracting the sponsorship dollars that (in part) pays his wages and keeps his employer viable.

My attitude has always been the refusal to take the test is just as bad or worse than possession. Also note my earlier post pointing out he hadn't been to court (I posted a few days ago before any charges were withdrawn or otherwise).

Mate, loads of people couldn't give a crap what players do outside the game. I personally don't. Its what they do on the field. Many teams have already shown a strong interest.

In the broader community - you are probably right. In 3 months 99% of people will say Ben's a wanker and not give it 2 thoughts. Sponsors etc on the other hand take it very seriously. Getting money out of them is exceptionally difficult when you have a good image, this sort of stuff makes it damn near impossible!

i rekon it stinks that eagles dont get any kind of repramand as well, carlton, malbourne and the bombers all got draft pics and finacial punishment for breaking the rules i dont c y W/C should not get done!

No, I don't think WCE should be penalized in this. Short of locking the guy up what more could they do?

Reaper

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4

I can't remember if it's applicable in all states, but there is a defence against defamation if it is true and/or in the public interest. Cousins has not been defamed in my opinion by that definition.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I believe that Cousins shouldn't have been playing the rest of the season out but that's it for me.I love the game and players like cousins make the game great to watch, no doubt about that.I still say the eagles had no choice but to act, mabye indefinate suspension from the group pending investigation might have been the better call.