Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Aftermarket Exhaust system ?

scott w

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS and 2010 CX captiva
For a budget cat back get the xforce lots of people on ls1.com.au happy enough . H & M do systems that seem to be priced not bad

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Ive got a full twin 3 inch Difilippo system on my ve ss it includes 4 into 1 1 3/4 headers, set me back bout 4k but it's excalty what i wanted it's not too loud & the note is perfect. Only thing i'm not happy bout is how low the cats sit especially when my ss is lowered.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
There's years of reading on this subject already. Exhaust notes are totally subjective though. What I think sounds good, the next person thinks sounds sh1thouse. You really need to get out and hear a few systems to get an idea. Also as previously mentioned, if you can, try and work out what mods you plan to do in the future as the last thing you want to do is have to change your exhaust unless you really have to. Are you chasing a full system or just a cat back?

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
ok, I don't really care about the sound, but I guess with performance it will come by itself.

so , if u don't care about the sound, but want to go fast, money is not an issue but just stay real not too high, what should u take ?

Braoer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SS 07
well ATM i got a custom made 2.25" cat-back ... it has a nice sound but the performance is kinda terrible ... so im trying to get a full system from Front to Rear ...

im planning on getting a CAI and get the car programmed

jackm_fox

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
has anyone found a way to upgrade exhaust and not affect the afm management?? i have heard with a new exhaust you will get a awfall noise when afm kicks in? thanks guys

V8s and beer

Everything else is trivia
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 R8 Clubsport LSA Tourer #0035
has anyone found a way to upgrade exhaust and not affect the afm management?? i have heard with a new exhaust you will get a awfall noise when afm kicks in? thanks guys

Hey mate,
If you find one, I would like to hear about it. I have been going through this for 10 months. I tried half a dozen different mufflers, and always had an awful vibration....sort of resonance in the car. I finished up with 2.5 inch twin system, 1 3/4 Headers and Hi flow cats, but put the standard mufflers back on. With the Cold air and the tune, it goes a lot harder, but I did notice a drop in performance putting the standard mufflers back on....and of course it sounds quiet again. I have searched high and low and I am yet to find a solution...

Last edited:

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ

I've got a mate who has a VE SSV ute who has a full KPM exhaust and he doesn't have any issues with the AFM. In saying that, he's getting a cam installed soon and getting the AFM disconnected.

mrevp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Hey Everyone, I have a Xforce cats back system and although it aint the loudest thing i have ever heard i am really happy with it.
Cheers