Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best and cheapest Commodore

chenka44

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6
Hi again, it looks as though my VE might be getting repoe'd. Please be nice. I will have maybe $2,500 to spend at tax time and I would like some helpful opinions as to which model Commodore would be the least likely to give me problems. I will likely not be able to inspect before purchase as local yokels want too much for too little around here and I will likely be incorporating the purchase with a trip ongoing.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Maybe a sentra or mirage will be better suited..

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Any car can give you problems. Look for one that has been well maintained. An older model that's been serviced regularly and kept in good nick would be a better buy than a later model that's been treated like crap.

If you're concerned about reliability and have a budget to stick to, I'd suggest expanding your search to more than Commodores.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Find an Adventra LX6 got one of mine for $3500 and Calais spec... awesome cars

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Vx-vy v6. Cheap, easy to fix and very reliable. Should've able to find a vx calais for under 2500 which would be my choice.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Vx-vy v6. Cheap, easy to fix and very reliable. Should've able to find a vx calais for under 2500 which would be my choice.
i agree with EYY Vy Calais would be my choice

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon

This. VX Berlina/Calias have the important mod cons (Climate, Cruise, ABS, side airbags) and are very cheap. find one that's got a good service history and you'll be set.