Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best blank DVD to buy

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I am burning photos to DVD and would appreciate your thoughts on the best blank DVD for this purpose. The reason I ask is that my parents only have a cheapy DVD player and not all disks will play in it. The disks play perfectly in my player but not in my parents. I have bought -R which I am told play in more machines as opposed to +R which give better reproduction but play in less machines. I am using NERO as my burning software. Any thoughts please?

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
I am burning photos to DVD and would appreciate your thoughts on the best blank DVD for this purpose. The reason I ask is that my parents only have a cheapy DVD player and not all disks will play in it. The disks play perfectly in my player but not in my parents. I have bought -R which I am told play in more machines as opposed to +R which give better reproduction but play in less machines. I am using NERO as my burning software. Any thoughts please?

ritek or ridata are a universal dvd disc works in just about anything,next best thing is princo.
my mothers dvd player is like what you have explained,i have found TDK works well in hers,but they can be expensive if you buy in spindles...

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
Actually, best brand of writable media is prolly Taiyo Yuden... Just hard to find at most places...
It should work in most DVD players... but that all comes down to the firmware in the actual DVD unit

this forum is a really good place if you want info like this, and this particuluar thread has a few of the better "versions" of the discs listed, but overall all brands listed there are good :)

http://forums.speedlabs.org/index.php?topic=23.0

Also, if you ask I'm sure they'd be able to verify what discs should work in what player :eek:

Basically your after the brands in the "Higher Quality" section :p Should all work ok... but as I said earlier, it'll come down to your parents player :(

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
I use TDK seems to be the best works in my dvd player in the house and in the car the can be a bit on the dear side but worth it for backing up files :whistling :whistling :whistling

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Actually, best brand of writable media is prolly Taiyo Yuden... Just hard to find at most places...
It should work in most DVD players... but that all comes down to the firmware in the actual DVD unit

this forum is a really good place if you want info like this, and this particuluar thread has a few of the better "versions" of the discs listed, but overall all brands listed there are good :)

http://forums.speedlabs.org/index.php?topic=23.0

Also, if you ask I'm sure they'd be able to verify what discs should work in what player :eek:

Basically your after the brands in the "Higher Quality" section :p Should all work ok... but as I said earlier, it'll come down to your parents player :(

theres a reason why they are a bit hard to get hold of...they had problems with them,apparently , about a month or 2 ago,were releasing them again,i may well be wrong but thats what i heard :)

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
If you can find them, Maxdata. Otherwise Ritek.

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
theres a reason why they are a bit hard to get hold of...they had problems with them,apparently , about a month or 2 ago,were releasing them again,i may well be wrong but thats what i heard :)

haha naah, I think that was a batch of fake discs :p Made by stupid "disc pirates" or whatever you call them lol :p
The site in my first post would have info on that somewhere :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Go Verbatim.

Verbatim have many different categories of quality.
go the Datalifeplus quality and you shouldn't have any problems.
I think verbatim even have a lifetime warranty on the datalifeplus range of disks.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
i make my own using tin lids... they looks pretty like britney spears *hick*

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Blank media....anthing from msy.

www.msy.com.au

Princo, Melody, Ritek (top of the range), ive never had a problem with any of them.