Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best rims on VF

vfcommy3030

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore
Hi all! Looking at upgrading my stock 16s on my 2017 VF to 18/19s. Just want thoughts on the best way to do this. Best widths, max size before it begins to through the car out, everything, ect.

Fully black VF so thinking silver rims. If anyone has a links to websites/best places to buy that would be great also! Thanks in advance everyone!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Condisering the state of the roads in many states, logic would dictate you stick with 16's :oops:

It's probably before your time but old steelies were imortalised in Blues Brothers as cop tires :p:p:p

There are plenty of threads discusing best wheel combo for the VF so a bit of a search may answer your questions ;)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I run factory VZ Monaro 18s on my VE and they get buckled from poor roads. I can't tell you the width and the offset as I can't remember. But they are about as taller rim I'd ever go.

Spoken to locals who have had 20s on Commodores and they cop it too much from Tas roads and our roads are a stack better than some Vic roads at the moment. Reports say 19" SSV rims fair slightly better. Plenty of options in an 18. I assume VF on 18s could run a 245/45 and not mess with the speedo?

Silver will look best, black rims look like arse IMHO, especially on a black car, so yep good idea to go with silver.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I assume VF on 18s could run a 245/45 and not mess with the speedo?
Yeah SV6 & most years of SS were a 245-45x18 on 8" wide rims.

In terms of the original question, which I'm interpreting as "hey what options are there?", I suspect Mr Google is your friend ... just search for wheels for a VF Commodore, and trawl through the results looking for styles you like.
I don't know if I'd ever buy from tempetyres.com.au but they have a fairly wide range of (mostly tasteless IMHO) styles to get ideas at least.
Also places with lots of stuff for sale are worth a look, like eBay & Faecebook.

Then once you know what you like you can start hunting it down properly. :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
quite partial to my black staggered Redline rims

they are no longer rashed - always consider repair options too and i did red center caps since this pic

Some people don't like black painted, i love them. 245 front, 275 rear

1695188929651.png

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I run factory VZ Monaro 18s on my VE and they get buckled from poor roads. I can't tell you the width and the offset as I can't remember. But they are about as taller rim I'd ever go.

Spoken to locals who have had 20s on Commodores and they cop it too much from Tas roads and our roads are a stack better than some Vic roads at the moment. Reports say 19" SSV rims fair slightly better. Plenty of options in an 18. I assume VF on 18s could run a 245/45 and not mess with the speedo?

Silver will look best, black rims look like arse IMHO, especially on a black car, so yep good idea to go with silver.

I don't like black wheels either. I reckon they hide the wheels design. I bought a set of gen f Senator/Grange wheels that the previous owner had powder coated in black, because I couldn't find a set in the original shadow chrome that weren't $5000.

I'll have them powder coated back to silver soon enough.

Attachments

• 20230917_124402.jpg
    20230917_124402.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 88

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I bought a set of gen f Senator/Grange wheels that the previous owner had powder coated in black, because I couldn't find a set in the original shadow chrome that weren't $5000.
I was AMAZINGLY stoked when the Holden dealer told us that they were going to fit MY15 wheels to our car ‘cos they wanted to keep the terrible aftermarket garbage they’d had on it … because the other alternative was the OEM MY14 wheels which were that shadow-chrome finish & make me throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about them …

images

… graaaagh!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I was AMAZINGLY stoked when the Holden dealer told us that they were going to fit MY15 wheels to our car ‘cos they wanted to keep the terrible aftermarket garbage they’d had on it … because the other alternative was the OEM MY14 wheels which were that shadow-chrome finish & make me throw up in my mouth a little just thinking about them …

images

… graaaagh!
Second gen VE Redline wheels.