Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best spark plugs and leads to get

glenny1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ v6 Executive alloytech 04
wanta get good brand spark plugs and leads to improve me car what brands would u suggest for vz 175kw and how much am i loooking at
cheers

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
oh dear, good luck finding a set of leads for your VZ.
(Alloytec's don't need leads, the coils sit straight on the plugs ! ;)
And plugs won't make any difference, just replace with the standard ones, how many k's on your car ?

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Plugs you'd be looking at roughly 20 bucks per plug. That's just off the top of my head though.

But yeah, VZs don't have leads, and you're not going to gain any noticeable difference from "High performance" plugs. Just stick to standard platinums.

glenny1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ v6 Executive alloytech 04
got 175 thousand ks on it,just cant seem to work out what the hell this flat spot is been caused from,air intakes all fine just had a service done,cleaned out the throttle body im out of ideas i dunno why its so slugish!

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
got 175 thousand ks on it,just cant seem to work out what the hell this flat spot is been caused from,air intakes all fine just had a service done,cleaned out the throttle body im out of ideas i dunno why its so slugish!

Cause its a alloytec 175 mines exactly the same,done all servicing and not fixed,been told a tune would fix it.But not gonna bother

rabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Wagon and EH holden
Make sure the vacuume pipe of the throttle body is not split and sucking air, that will give you a miss fire

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Some plugs cost $60 each. Not sure what these are but said to have platinum and so-and-so with a life of 160,000km.

poweredbycng

Reaction score
Dead spots in acceleration? Check your knock sensors and oxygen sensors. Maybe try an ECU reset (i.e. battery disconnect) also. Plugs should be changed at 100,000km intervals on petrol models and the best plugs to use are either double platinums or iridiums.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i hope your not paying 20 bux for a plug, let alone 60 bux...i think 11-12 bux for the ngk iridums part number ltr6ap-11 from the top of me head, get them from anywhere, i'd say ngk would be the best, dunno why, its a personal thing, spark plug's a spark plug really, all they gotta do is spark and that's their job done.