Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Big brake upgrade

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
Just put the VT big brake upgrade on my VP V6 ute, whilst its fresh in my mind can answer any questions, just in case theres not something already covered on here. one thing i thought id mention is i havnt had to upgrade my master cyl, seams to be a commin question.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hey, nice work :) That's something I've dreamt about for a long time, but know I could never afford. How much did you pay for the calipers, pads, adaptor hub and brake lines all up?

And of course, how big is the difference in stopping power? :D

Did you do fronts and rears, or fronts only?

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
paid $120.00 of ebay local seller, brand new in boxes he never got round to intstalling, lines are adr aprooved cant remember what brand kit it was, wasnt pbr but it was all good gear incl the pads, had to remove stone gruard but apart from that they whent stait on, makes a massive difference, pedal feel i soooo much better and it pulls up in a flash, only did the fronts however i will be putting slotted rotors on the rear to mach the fronts just waiting to wear down the pads a bit, they'll be due in a little while.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
WOW, $120 is a bargain if I ever saw one. Dude, you scored. I'm jealous :D

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
i know, apparently the guy whent to install the kit, rounded his brakes lines because he didnt have the size spanner, chucked a sad and put the kit in ebay, lol, i wasnt even looking for it just did the usual search, commodore, local pick up, gotta love ebay.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
wrong section much? come on man, take an extra 30 seconds to check you're in the right section before posting, or post it when you're not in a rush please.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
paid $120.00 of ebay local seller, brand new in boxes he never got round to intstalling, lines are adr aprooved cant remember what brand kit it was, wasnt pbr but it was all good gear incl the pads, had to remove stone gruard but apart from that they whent stait on, makes a massive difference, pedal feel i soooo much better and it pulls up in a flash, only did the fronts however i will be putting slotted rotors on the rear to mach the fronts just waiting to wear down the pads a bit, they'll be due in a little while.

thats a steal. nice find. it's definitly a worthwile upgrade on early commodores