Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bilstein VE Coilover Kit

alokin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Just wandering if anyone knows how the Bilstein coilovers are for the VE. From what I've seen, coilover prices are usually greater than $2000 for a decent set up, and I've stumbled across the vcm suite website and they are selling the coilovers for $1899. are these any good?
car is a VE SS, and is a daily not thinking of tracking it so yeah.
any replies will be great full
Thanks.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
i thought the vcm ones were h&r, if they are there only height adjustable. no adjustable valving.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
car is a VE SS, and is a daily not thinking of tracking it so yeah.

in that case, dont do it mate.
coilovers in a daily driver is complete overkill, and a waste of money that would othewise serve a much better purpose spent on other parts of the car.

dont get me wrong, coilovers are awesome.... I myself have a nice set from DMS on a track car. but for my daily driver no way in hell would I do it.
i'd go pedders sportsryders, they are in my VE and I'm very happy with them.
if you want a little more 'snap', change bushes over to something a little harder, and maybe consider some sway bars... but dont go coilovers. the wank factor in telling friends that you are running coilovers will fade very quickly when you feel every bump on the shitty local roads. things will start to rattle in the interior, and all of sudden you'll be wishing for a softer setup. trust me. but if you plan to do track days on a regular basis, they will DEFINIELY make a difference. save your cash bud, and put it somewhere else on the car.

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
I think they are branded H & R 'coilovers' with Bilstein supposedly doing the internals.
I got a kit off them that uses Bilstein front strut inserts and rear shocks(rear 3 position ride height) and H & R progressive rate springs
It was a QSP-16 kit ,Monotube design front and rear
They also do QSP-10 kit that uses Twin tube on front monotube on rear
My ride height after fitting 25mm lower front 40mm lower on rear with highest position adjustment
Best modification so far, really improves the 'feel' of my SV6 ute

HavocNT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 60th Anniversary
Plus coilovers do require rebuilding every other year depending on km's travelled.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I've got the kit from VCM, it consists of H&R Springs and Bilstein shocks, I've got them in an SV6 Ute, LOVE THEM! :)

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
coilovers can be adjusted to be softer, and $2000 coilovers arent good enough for track work
the novelty of coilovers is the adjustability

456adam

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
I'm using H&R coilovers, they use Bilstein shocks/internals. I didn't get them from VCM thou, cheaper but.
I love them, the ride quality is still good and they handle nicely. Not choppy or harsh, significantly less body roll to.
They are height adjustable only. 10-60mm I think.

alokin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks for the replies, is it a hard or soft ride with the bilsteins from vcm?

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
I'll have these bilstein coilovers fitted tomorrow to my VE SS ute, so can post back.
Have been in VEs with XA coilovers, various shock/spring combos, Koni and bilstein inserts etc... so can provide a comparison.