Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 04 VY SS

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Howdy I'm Aaron

Well I'm new to this new style of car, always had the old girls. Recently Sold my VB and VX and upgraded

Series 2 April 04 VY SS

90,000km on the clock

Fully optioned except sun roof, Leather Interior Climate control

Its stock standard other than exhaust.

Its got Pacemaker Pro comp extractors,Into a twin System with twin high flow Cats, 2 mufflers now. It did have 2 hot dogs on each pipe but it drowned pretty crappy

Its got what seems to be a factory Strut brace on it, From what some people have said It was an option But I'm not sure.

Heres some pictures anyway. I Intend on changing the wheels at some stage but I want to put something thats a factory Holden alloy on it 18s Again because i just put a pair of good tyres on the front.

Engine warning light came on friday night, when i was sitting in it talking to boys at work before i left, so i crept it home got half way home and it turned of so saturday morning got the old snap on diagnostics machine on it, and it was saying one of the o2 Censors was failing so pulled them out and they were really burnt out so i changed them saturday at work.

I only got the car Wednesday By the way.

Heres some pics, If you can fault anything thats not standard Please let me know as i want to keep it stock other than wheels.

Someone has Tried to polish or wax it by hand at some stage, which i don't like you can see some light scratches and swerl marks on it, So I've originised to have it detailed on Wednesday coming up. By a crash repairer i do work for at work, Having light scratches buffed out cut and polish then 3 coats of wax. T

There is a couple of lil pressure dents i can see on it too so In a couple of weeks I've got a bloke coming out to take care of them. He said and so did a couple of others i know of that have use him and they said he wont effect the fresh detail

First couple of pics is when i picked it up before i gave it a wash.

Once I'd washed it

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Other than an OTR and Tune, is there anything else people can recommend to get better fuel econ, Its averaging about 13L/100km

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Other than an OTR and Tune, is there anything else people can recommend to get better fuel econ, Its averaging about 13L/100km

**** man I'd love to average 13L/100 km. I get about 17, but its a weekender that doesn't get babied.

A proper tune can bring it down a good amount, but make sure you do the simple crap, service items and all that.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I dropped the oil, put new air filter on it. I'm going to get the trans serviced at some point i think as I'm not sure on how to do that properly. I think I'm going to replace Z-bar bushes at some point in the near future as well

Heres a pic from benieth it, she doesn't even have a tow bar,

I've been driving pretty sensibly in it, as its a long weekend and i don't want to be a tool and loose my car and license. But i did have my cousin take me out in his new VS hsv Caprice and he gave it some ****, So i took him for a ride after and scared the **** outta him. It definatly goes alright, I always under estimated LS1's and didn't think people were being very truthful when saying they have a lot of power.

With that I've got with the exhaust. How much power would people roughly think its got and how much would it go up at the wheels with a tune and Intake?

Benieth it before i put two mufflers on

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
HJlHnzn.png

That exhaust does not do that car any justice.

Your probably looking at 175-180rwkw pre tune and about 220 odd after.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed

What sort of trips are you doing to get that kinda of number? Because if your town and city driving it's not gonna do any better.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its going to be doing some highway driving on occasions 100/110km once a fornight for a couple of days.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
HJlHnzn.png

That exhaust does not do that car any justice.

Your probably looking at 175-180rwkw pre tune and about 220 odd after.

Why so, it now has mufflers not Hotdogs?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Look at the bends especially near the diff. The left pipe is atleast half size.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Nice SS welcome to the LS1 club haha what mufflers did you chuck in and did you get a deeper note now?.