Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black VL Calais Turbo.

Onslaught.Jnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black, VL Calais Turbo
Hey boys & girls.

first off;

Dial up beware

I have been reading on this forum for a while, so I thought it was about time I signed up to the forum.

A bit of history about my car, It is a Series I 1987 VL Calais factory 'Tuxedo Black' and produced with a RB30DE @ the Melbourne plant.

It has since then had a A8 motor dropped in (Turbo motor), with a T3 High flowed turbo, still had the N/A trans & the N/A diff. It was purchased from Melbourne by someone else in Adelaide and then I bought it off them.

I got it home with a blown motor (got ripped), but as per usual show must go on, so that weekend me and a mate got cracking into ripping out the blown motor.

I got the head fully reconditioned, with a stage I cam dropped in (Was lying around brand new so I thought why not).

I then found a really low kilometer s2 bottom end for sale with a trans for $100 so I then dropped the head onto that bottom end with a race series decomp plate (Steel head gasket).

The turbo goes without saying buying it with a blown motor was in a pretty bad way, lots of shaft play. But I still put it on the car and has done well for 5 months or so on 10psi.

The trans was a N/A trans, with a 2500 stall. As much to my amazement, the transmission is in really good condition and has never slipped once.

As soon as I bought the car pretty much I pulled the N/A diff out and replaced it with a reconditioned VL V8 LSD, I took the 3.08 gears off, and replaced them with the stock 3.45 gears and the diff is extremely tight.

Had the car on the road for about 2 weeks and got defected for 1 bald tyre on the back, and as soon as I got that defect cleared that weekend I got done again for regency. (bullsh!t I know).

Anyway, the car was off the road for about 3 months and now it is back to its normal state (cop bait :p).

Like we all do, I am now sick of the 10psi and the 170rwkw'ish it has.

So I have just taken it off the road and now its build time for me :D.

I am hoping it will be ready by the C4C5.

After reading this massive essay, Here are some photo's of what it looks like atm but be sure to stay tuned for lots of updates :D.

Thanks, Wayne.

bellespics199.jpg

Stock ride hight for regency.

whitewall.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

Fresh head job ;)

DSC00018.jpg

The bottom end

DSC00017.jpg

Half way in there :p

DSC00001.jpg

Straight after the first rebuild.

DSC00008.jpg

My original VL Calais Leather. (Very good condition for 20 years old.)

DSC00049-1.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00045-1.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00109-1.jpg

A small photoshoot with a girl I know, her idea :D (she aint the best looking, but a very nice body)

bellespics188.jpg

bellespics201.jpg

Enjoy, and again, stay tuned for more updates.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Not bad cant wait to see what else is done

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
nice ride, how about some rims?

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
your not wrong about the girl lol

hot VL man..i like it

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
looks nice mate, I saw it in the flesh when there was cruise one friday night i think it was, yous stoped in the seaford shoping centre carpark next to hungry jacks. love the black with chrome trim

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
wow nice mate really good job