Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blood Red VX LED Tail Light Project

REBinc

GTO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac GTO
I decided to hold off on the LEDs for now, but here is a set of Blood Red VX tails, I'll have some pictures on the car by next weekend.

IMG_4601.jpg

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Your car is already sex on wheels, but i think these tail lights will set it right off. Looking forward to pics on the car...
BTW if you end up doing the LED thing... Maybe not do the reversing lights? You might find white LED's are nowhere near bright enough over distance for practical use.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Cars R Us do some decent LED red tailights. have you considered them ?

Attachments

• GVX-21047-2-Marked.jpg
    GVX-21047-2-Marked.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:

ruggj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 01
I decided to hold off on the LEDs for now, but here is a set of Blood Red VX tails, I'll have some pictures on the car by next weekend.

I wanted to do this to my tail lights ages ago, i wanted to turn it black though without tinting the outside as i wanted it to look proper, i ended up changing my mind and just leaving it as it was but i like what you've done here, looks a lot better than stock in my opinion.

I'll have your old tail lights if you don't want them :p

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
The LEDs off eBay look good but I hate the colour of the reverse and indicator lights, they look so tacky.

I just put a set of genuine CV8R tailights on mine, stoked with the look..but one brakelight wont work for some reason, Ive done everything the same and the globe isnt blown or anything, I dont know whats wrong.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
hey mate, i just ordered a spare tail light to try this on, 2 questions i have are, was it hard to peel the lens off without busting it and what are you using to stick it back on with? looks awesome mate