Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blood Red VX LED Tail Light Project

REBinc

GTO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac GTO
Yeah, the VX lights fit perfectly fine, I just had to get your harness with it since the lamps are keyed different, so if you're looking for USDM lights make sure you get the wiring harness with it since ours are different than yours.

My GTO is stock performance wise other than a Vararam air intake and with the exhaust I have an H-pipe and magnaflow mufflers. I also have replaced pretty much every bushing on the car and have adjustable coil overs up front and adjustable spring perches in the rear.

It looks like you have the depo lights, which are the relatively cheap ones over here. They're $150 USD while '06 OEM lights run $300 USD.

The Sicilian

Ironically work for Ford
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S V6 5M
Nice work on the lights mate, definitely something different. Tempted to try it myself.

Have you considered getting a rear garnish to suit? On our luxury versions of the Commodore (the Berlina and Calais), they had a different rear end with lights in the rear garnish. See the pics below to get an idea of what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure it would fit straight onto the Monaro/GTO boot lid, I do recall seeing one with the garnish before. And you will find plenty for sale on eBay. Shipping to USA might by a hurdle though...

11683d1138611263-vx-calais-tail-lights-calaisvxlights.jpg

800px-2001_Holden_VX_Berlina_-_Gen_III_V8.jpg

98VTExec

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Exec S1
any1 know if this works on VT Series 1 tail lights aswel??