Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Australia post

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Australia Post are a bunch of ****heads. Ive had vinyl sent from overseas which arrives through international postage handlers in perfect condition, as soon as Australia Post get it, its rooted. They dont care at all. There was one postie who decided that since a 12" (which was clearly marked as a record) wouldnt fit in our postbox, he was best to leave it sitting under it, in the sun - on the footpath! If he bought it up to the house and left it in the shade if nobody was home that would have been fine, but we were home at the time. When a package is undeliverable theyre meant to leave a note and take it back to the depot. So I went and complained, the girl kinda looked at me blankly then he manager who was listening came over and said 'tell the gentleman we dont offer a fragile goods service', so I said 'Whats stanard practice then, just leave packages lying on the footpath?'...she looked blankly and quietly told me to fill out a form. Useless.

And star track express arent much better, the only time I used them I had 4 boxes shipped at once, only 3 arrived.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I've been using AusPost for all our eBay transactions (both buying and selling except for the overseas stuff, but when they get to Australia they do it).. havn't had a single problem thusfar! Although I do disagree with their cubing rules, I have found a workaround so I'm able to post massive sized things and the only thing they're allowed to measure for postage is the weight, not the dimensions :D

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Got a letter from Australia Post today (after 8 weeks of ringing them) saying that the item was not sufficiently packaged so they won't be giving me any compensation.

In their terms and conditions they state that they will only pay insurance claims "if the article was in Australia Post's reasonable opinion adequately packed". I reckon they use this "Inadequate Packaging" excuse for every insurance claim they get.

They also said "The above mentioned item was received into Australia in a damaged condition as noted in our inbound mail area." It never "came into" Australia it was posted from SA to NSW, what idiots.

As someone suggested earlier I have lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman www.comb.gov.au

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sue the ****ers ::D

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
if it was from across the city, why not just drive and pick it up?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
I had to send some VY headlights that I sold on ebay to Queesland (from Victoria). I had them packed in a large box with heaps of bubble wrap and foam. I had printed fragile stickers and put them all over the box. When I took the box to the post office, they told me that they did not offer a Fragile service. :ranting:

They said that the insurance that I paid for would only cover the lights if they got lost / stolen. It would not cover any Damage that might occur during transit. Pretty stupid rules that they have. Then as I was leaving the post office I saw a large poster outside that said that they could post anything and it had a picture of a wine bottle with wine glasses. Go figure !!!! :my: