Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bloody Car Parks!!!

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
i went out to get qoutes to fix the tiny dent and small chip in the paint from the kid and his door, $650 man this father is gonna scream, because its on the side near the rear, they practically have to paint half the car... Oh well, such is life,

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Gotta love over eager panel beaters.. Did you get all of the kids dads details? Like his license number, details (according to his license, not his head) and the rego of the car?

If you did.. Good luck with the brand new looking car door..

ttt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive
I really feel for everyone here (and elsewhere) who have had damage done in carparks and other places where arrogant people just don't care
VYSUPER6, your's looked like a shocker, but it is a good thing your insurance came to the rescue.

Someone side swiped my car in a carpark, and left a huge white mark down the left hand side of the car. I have a friend who works at a Holden Dearlership, so he managed to get it fixed for free, lucky though!

I had a VT that got trashed in a carpark (smashed window, badly dented door, stolen deck, bourbon sprayed inside etc) so claimed on insurance.
No problems, they paid up and all was good. Lost 10% on my NCB but it took me back to 25%, can live with that.

6 months later, my current ride (VY) got stolen. 4 days later when recovered, I claimed on insurance (about $2k worth of damage). They paid up, but terminated my policy on the grounds that I was an insurance risk.

Now I have no NCB, and a policy that costs me $1800 a year. All because I was forced (in 2 instances) to claim on insurance, for something that wasn't my fault.

Such is life I guess, but Im in a position where if I claim again, pretty much no one will want to insure me.

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
iv come out of the shopes been int there about 5hrs ( bloody girls ) to find a big pool of break fliud............. ON MY FLUGGIN BONNET!!!!! ate the paint away

ttt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive
If you are there for an extended period, I just worry about the person who may park there next, or the person after them, or the person after them etc :(

Can't win

T

throttlehappy

might try that double parking :D
i havent had any problems yet (touch wood)
but i always park in the distance, even if i have to walk 300 or 400 metres

J

JA SV8

I had the pleasure of getting my car egged on Halloween. Little shi*ts, its going to cost $300 for me to get my bonnet resprayed as when the egg cracked it chiped paint off, back to metal.
Someone else at work got 3 grands damage from 5 eggs!

T

throttlehappy

JA SV8 said:
I had the pleasure of getting my car egged on Halloween. Little shi*ts, its going to cost $300 for me to get my bonnet resprayed as when the egg cracked it chiped paint off, back to metal.
Someone else at work got 3 grands damage from 5 eggs!

thats gotta suck!

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Eggs are awful. I'm probably stating the obvious here, but if you don't hose it off quickly - it can actually discolour the paint. Looks disgusting. Similar thing happened to me a while back when I was on holidays - came back and found egg shells all around the car and a very unhealthy looking paintjob.