Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'Blower Fan Relay' wire colours?

dyrgutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS, VS V6 Wagon
I will see how I go with the rest of it a bit later.

Hey mate, did you get a chance to see if you could rummage up any more info on the remaining fuse wires? I have a few days off, so hopefully I will put this to bed once and for all - Cheers

dyrgutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS, VS V6 Wagon
Hey Nut Kracker, in my fuse/relay box I just found a small wire measuring around 16cm that is orange and has a fuse terminal and a large relay terminal on either end; i'm guessing this is the wire that goes from Fuse 29 [Eng Control/BCM] to Engine Control Relay pin 85? What do you think...if thats correct, I only have a Red and an Orange/Black left now, which must correspond to either Fuel Pump or Throttle Relax Fuses [as I dont know what PR-PWR-OT is]? Any thoughts, cheers

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Sorry I haven't replied lately. Just had some personal issues.
I'd say your on the money with the Orange wire. There is an orange wire from Connector C, Pin C2 on the BCM that braches out to both number 85 pins on the Engine Control and Ignition Relays.
As with the other ones you have mentioned, Unfortunately I don't have the diagram for the throttle relax or fuel pump.
Sounds like you are getting there with it.

dyrgutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS, VS V6 Wagon
Hi Nut Kracker, no stress mate - hope everything is fine with you, however? I found a wiring diagram that does indeed have F36 as being Red --to-- Red/Yellow [but this comes from sources that have been wrong twice in the past...] so I've updated the image to reflect our latest hypothesis [well on my behalf anyway ;) ] - though i'm pretty confident - for it's all very logical; therefore, orange/black must be the Fuel Pump.

I really only have that one missing wire now, which i'm hoping is due to being looked-over in the tangled mess, so considering I find that - do you think it's wise to power it up with the relays exposed? As in, i havent placed them back in the plastic fuse/relay rack in case of mistakes - because they are such buggers to get out...i'm only worrying about arcing I suppose, but I gather that would have to be some extreme voltage to jump the 3-4mm between pins, yeah? As you've already no doubt gathered, i'm no sparky; just a fool with a little knowledge that makes me dangerous - haha! Cheers for all your help mate, couldnt have gotten this far without you :) T minus a day or so and counting...

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I wouldn't worry about arcing mate. You would need some serious voltage to arc 4mm. Even 240v would have trouble arcing that far.
Just one other thing before you fire it up. I wouldn'd be a bad idea to grab a multi meter and check the continuity between the fuse/relay box and the components they are wire to and/or even get an Auto Electrician to give it the once over. Just to make sure everything is ok.
Good luck.