Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blown Gasket?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
From what ive seen if it's the trans cooler the dexron oil comes through in the coolant as engine oil coloured brown globs, where as engine oil comes through like a tanny milky coffee color and smooth not globby.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well ill do the gaskets first as theres water on top of the block. I went to holden and got a cost for the gasket, $16, but they also said the end rubber gasket is $52. so im confused do i need 2 gaskets now? thought it was just the one?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
there's 2 intake manifold gaskets and 2 front and rear seals, you'll also need a tube of blue gasket sealer can get from repo or supercheap to go at either end of the front and rear seals.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Cheers mate. would have been good if i just got the 2 gaskets and not the end

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You will need everything to be honest.

It's worth getting them all together, when I did my inlet manifold gasket on the VS I went out and bought, inlet manifold gaskets (Both sides) valley gaskets (front and rear) plenum gaskets, tb gaskets, injectors seals, the works, every seal that could be replaced from the manifold up, I also bought a few cans of degreaser and went to town on everything once it was off the engine.

Make sure you have a tap and die set available as you will need to clean the threads out of everything before putting it back together, that with some high temp silicone and you are all set. oh and get ahold of the tourqe settings and the tightening sequence too.