Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blown reverse light fuse. Help

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Hi,

In my VE Maloo. I keep blowing my reverse light fuse. I have new globes in there and I always seem to blown the fuse, I always seem to be replacing them and I just want to know what the problem is and how I can fix it. Its giving me the shittest. Please help

BEAST 666

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Does it blow as soon as you put it in reverse? or over time you notice its just blown?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
It's generally good when a car fuse blows because in most cases it prevents something more serious (expensive) from occurring. Compared to all other automobile parts, a fuse is dirt cheap. The failure of a fuse does, however, necessitate investigation into the cause so that the problem can be corrected

FUNCTION

The fuses installed in a car perform the same type of function as fuses installed in some homes and most electrical and electronic devices. When the current flowing through the fuse exceeds the fuse's current rating, the element in the fuse melts and breaks the circuit to discontinue current flow. When this happens, it means that whatever the accessory -- radio, wipers, horn -- the fuse is inline without allowing too much current to flow. The cause of this excess current should be immediately identified and corrected.

CAUSES

Faulty wiring or defective wiper motors can cause excessive current flow, resulting in a blown fuse. Defective switches may cause short circuits. Wipers frozen under ice can cause a blown fuse by impeding wiper movement. Other electrical components, such as heating and cooling blower motors, power seats, electric fuel pumps or air conditioner can all cause fuses to blow. In many cases a blown motor circuit fuse may indicate a shorted motor.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Are you putting stock globes in or LED globes i had the same issue in my VE clubby if ur using led lights they need to be non polarized so they dont blown the fuse.
Hope this helps

HOONER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
As soon as I put it in reverse. I had LED globes in but had issues when put the LED tail lights in. I think I will take it to our auto sparky and see what the problem is. But I'll will see what's the problem and post the results on here

JorrinVe

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve series ssv redline manual
Hey so what ended up happening here? i have the same issue cueently in my ve ss