Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue/black 202 harmonic balancer

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Everytime I had a rubber deteriorate and move the only thing that stopped it flying off was the ac pulley ,

To deteriorate to that point, it'd be going for a long time.....

If you'd checked the timing mark, you would have noticed it had shifted....But it's not something that is done reguarly :)

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
the motor I noticed it on had a hot cam in it, It broke a timing gear it had a shim behind the timing gear to dial the cam in I lost that was the real problem I had why I was struggling with timeing after fixing it. I was shown 2 new balencers in the speed shop in the 90's ,the old bloke showed me when I was asking him how could my motor be gutless compard to before the timing gear change. I would put an ac pulley on the blue motor you posted a picture of above .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
the motor I noticed it on had a hot cam in it, It broke a timing gear it had a shim behind the timing gear to dial the cam in I lost that was the real problem I had why I was struggling with timeing after fixing it. I was shown 2 new balencers in the speed shop in the 90's ,the old bloke showed me when I was asking him how could my motor be gutless compard to before the timing gear change. I would put an ac pulley on the blue motor you posted a picture of above .

Interesting putting a shim behind the timing gear......The cam gear meshes directly to the gear on the crank....Both have a dot that you line up.....

There is a plate behind the cam cog that is used to bolt the cam to the block that has a habit of breaking a lug off...