Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue Headlights

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering what would be the laws on having blue 5000k H4 Headlights in my VX Executive. In my previous car I had blue LED parkers which i was fined for because it did not comply with the laws. So I'm just wondering will I still get fined for having Blue headlights or not? I live in Queensland by the way.

Thanks, Dan

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
heaps of ppl down in SA seem to get away with them. mate got warned last year for em. i ran really blue ones in my ute and never had any trouble. havent put them in the VY as yet, i dont want to run anything to attract un neccessary attention, should get enough of that with an exhaust which is on the cards.

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
Thanks for the replies. But how come with those new HID's headlights that most cars are coming out with now seem to have quite a bit of a blue tinge to them?

Dan.

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
I have 6000k globes in my headlights and my driving lights (spotties) and never had a problem.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i had the blue lights aswell as blue parkers a fair while back in the VT got warned about the parkers but cops didnt say nething bout the headlights only thing i noticed the more blue the lights r the worse they r 2 see on the road specially in the rain at night so i changed mine 2 super white 4 that reason which have a slight blue tinge neways.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
the HIDs are a white light that only look blue-ish at certain angles. In some states with some police officers you might get fined for using them, but usually only if they are bright as buggery and draw attention/blind drivers.

The only vehicles that are permitted to have blue or red lights on the front are emergency vehicles. That's one of the reasons people get fines is because of "immitating a police vehicle". It's why people with blue and red under car neons at the front also get fined, but those with green or any other colour don't.

I've always thought it would be a cool idea to have a white under car neon at the front that turns on with the headlights, white blending into red down the side and then a two stage red under the rear for taillights and brakes. As long as the neon isn't directly visible, they've got nothing to complain about. :p

vt_man2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vy
i got blue parkers in my vt and i have not been tell,d to take team out as yet but i get on with all the cops down here im from melb

Mc Nugget

Aka ShiZzl3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II - LOWERED - 19's - HID's...!
Thanks for the replies. But how come with those new HID's headlights that most cars are coming out with now seem to have quite a bit of a blue tinge to them?

Dan.

anything over 6000K will have a blue tinge to them

but over possible 11 or 12000K they turn violet

correct me if I'm wrong.