Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree in the VE

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Has anyone had problems with the iPhone 2.0 and the VE bluetooth kit?

I only have issues now that I upgraded to 2.0 / 3.0 iphone software. When a call comes in, it switches to "Voice in" and I answer. About 1 second later the audio switches back to the radio and the phone goes to earpiece mode (normal mode).

I have to manually switch the call back to Vehicle BT which is very annoying, not to mention both the caller and I get a blast of whatever radio station was playing.

Anyone got a solution to this?

Have the same problem in 5 different VEs from 2007 to MY10, so not a car problem. Anyone with an iPhone found a fix?

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thats dead right. My SSV 09 does not have those as options in the menu's.

Wow, thats a bit of a surprise. That was the saving point for my bluetooth, otherwise I would have replaced it with an aftermarket one.

Well hqharris, you can also try and remove the centre speaker, if your Ute has one. Some people have claimed an improvement not only with overall sound but with the phone as well.

glennhinkley

Hinko 23
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V
Bluetooth in VE Berlina

I have a late 06 VE Berlina and am wondering if it has the bluetooth built-in or is it an optional extra?

Cheers

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
Hi guys, my first post and realistically only reason for joining. I wanted to just confirm that the profile is A2DP or not, and also how many phones can be connected at once. I myself have 2 mobiles (work/private) and then when the wife is in the car she will want hers to be connected as well no doubt.

mine does only one at a time

geof3273

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 ssv ignition ve commodore
i use i-phone with 3g and blue-tooth in my 2006 ssv works perfectly....maybe me just 1 of thew lucky ones.....

Silver Phoenix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
Has anyone had problems with the iPhone 2.0 and the VE bluetooth kit?

I only have issues now that I upgraded to 2.0 / 3.0 iphone software. When a call comes in, it switches to "Voice in" and I answer. About 1 second later the audio switches back to the radio and the phone goes to earpiece mode (normal mode).

I have to manually switch the call back to Vehicle BT which is very annoying, not to mention both the caller and I get a blast of whatever radio station was playing.

Anyone got a solution to this?

Have the same problem in 5 different VEs from 2007 to MY10, so not a car problem. Anyone with an iPhone found a fix?

I've had exactly the same issues with the iPhone 3GS, using OS 3 and 4.
It's fine when I make calls, just receiving them switches to Handset...

Any solutions for this???

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Hi guys,

I have an 09 SV6 ute, i was told when i bought it that it had Blue Tooth and now when i actaully have tried to pair it with any phone i have, or my girlfriend or friends we have had no luck at all, and thats with 7 phones. Is there anything you have to do apart from search for devices with your phone? or do some SV6 utes not actaully have BT as an option?

thanks in advance

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
I get the "Voice...." command when I press the phone button to end a call if the other caller ends the call first. Very annoying!

thehotline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Sportwagon 3.0L/A6
I have a MY10 International Wagon and the BT functions OK. I have paired it with an iphone3, iphone4 and nokia n95 with no probs at all.

If i was to complain i would say that people have trouble hearing me talking on the other end of the call when driving at freeway speeds. I guess it's a legacy of an international (not as much sound deadening as up spec models) and cheap electronics in the vehicle. I also have a Lexus RX350 (older model) with no sound probs at all.