Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth on SV6

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
Would be nice if Holden brought out a software update that would allow the Phone number ringing in or out to be displayed on the screen instead of "Voice In" I have to get my phone out of my pocket when it rings to see who is calling.

Ditto.... unbelievable; it works fine with my other car and a sub $200 Aldi radio/cd/bluetooth unit.

Edit: Same goes for the MP3 tag info, much better to see details of a song playing through bluetooth considering that the ordinary single CD unit doesn't even play MP3's

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Not here I dont (6 stack in a MY10 SV6). when the iPhone is paired it will use the Bluetooth connection as it's default. Dont forget the Holden's Bluetooth does not handle multiple phones well.

Sooooooooooo, does this mean you don't have to touch the iphone in order to voice dial?....if it's paired with bluetooth?

About to replace my mobile witht the iphone and assumed ( again) it would work instantly once paired like my old Nokia did.
My old Nokia 1500 slide would connect to the bluetooth as soon as I started the car no matter where it was...in my bag on the floor....even in the boot. Never a problem...I just pushed the phone button on the steering wheel, spoke the name to the Calais's inbuilt mic ( near the rearvision mirror) and she dialed....and when it rang through the radio unit I answered pushing the phone button on the steering wheel - easy. My next phone was a stupid Samsung F480i touch which I ASSUMED again had voice dial as it was newer/better and had bluetooth....but found after I bought it it did/does not actually voice dial. I can answer it via the phone button while driving if it rings...and can talk by bluetooth via the car once I have first pulled over, stopped and manually dialled the stupid thing first....and head off again once it is dialing aarrgghh

Now I am getting the iphone based on the fact I again ASSUMED it would work like the Nokia...eg- TOUCHLESS and fully controlled by the car steering wheel button and voice no matter where the phone is in the car. Please tell me I will be able to do that and not first 'activate' some button on the phone first!!! :(
Is bluetooth for iphone the same as for Nokia?...and seperate to the voice control BS 'hold button' down thing?

Last edited:

--Ben--

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 ute
Another question if you don't mind, as I've not had my Sv6 ute not long, '07, haven't got the bluetooth to work yet as I don't know the security code. Question is, does the audio only come through centre(dash) speaker, as I removed it when I got new door speakers fitted, or will it come through the door speakers??
Cheers.

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hey Ben...I think the security code is just a generic 1234 ( says in the manual I think ) Not sure about the audio......thinking it comes through all speakers.
Hopefully someone will help us LOL :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Ok... Iphones are fine now... There were software updates tht fixed the connection issues, so no dramas there.

By default, the phone calls will run through all speakers but that puts a lot of stress on the echo cancelling techy-stuff, so the best thing to do is when on a call, shift the balance (and fade if not in a ute) to driver's side front. The stereo will remember this setting for calls only and revert to normal when you end the call. Makes it much clearer for the people on the other end.

The centre speaker has no bearing on it... Ripped mine out too!

Bluetooth codes are mostly 1234 or 0000 I haven't come across any other variations.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Try deleting the car kit from the phone and re-pairing it.

Code is 1234 as said by the bogan ute driver above :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Try deleting the car kit from the phone and re-pairing it.

Code is 1234 as said by the bogan ute driver above :)

Hey! Just because I drive a ute, listen to rock, don't own a tshirt that isn't full of holes, own more beanies than shoes, make most of life's more critical decisions with my forehead, think that tracksuit pants are suitable formal attire, have a stand bolted to my couch for a mini fridge and haven't shaved since Tuesday last week does NOT make me a bogan.

Wait...

That didn't come out right.

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
PMSL @ Tinny :rofl2: Top show!!

Thanks for that......was stressing out that it was going to be another muck around 'where's the freaking phone?' job every time I wanted to voice dial. I don't like any of the Nokias.....so was hoping the iphone would be equally as easy as my last one was.

On the 'fade', 'shift the balance' thing to the drivers speaker...how do you do that? :embarrass

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
PMSL @ Tinny :rofl2: Top show!!

Thanks for that......was stressing out that it was going to be another muck around 'where's the freaking phone?' job every time I wanted to voice dial. I don't like any of the Nokias.....so was hoping the iphone would be equally as easy as my last one was.

On the 'fade', 'shift the balance' thing to the drivers speaker...how do you do that? :embarrass

If you have the screen - I'm not 100% certain but there'll be an audio option menu somewhere. If you just have the 6 stack thing, then you hit the middle button and scroll down to balance and adjust it right, then scroll to fade and adjust it to front. Make sure you do it when you're actually on a call, that way it will store that setting for phone calls only. The settings for balance and fade are in the same menu as where you adjust bass and treble.

Yeah - I personally hate nokias - but now also hate blackberries!

Passion Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Ok..thanks for that. The menu dial is next to the screen on mine and you go in there....it's obviously something to pre do on a call while stationary!!! ...and bonus if it sets it for future 'on the move' calls after that.

Thanks Tinsnips..always so helpful :)